Barrow science event back with a bang
Some 1,200 young people from Furness schools will visit the Big Bang Fair in Barrow this week.
The event opened at Furness College today (Tuesday) and continues at the Channelside campus tomorrow (Wednesday).
More than 20 businesses and organisations have been putting on fun activities and demonstrations to promote careers in science, technology, engineering and maths in the area.
The Furness Big Bang festival is organised by Stem Cumbria Ltd, Barrow Engineering Project, Furness Education and Skills Partnership and Furness College.
Global pharmaceutical company GSK, which has a site at... read more
- 18:20 Mum's shock as SECOND new baby makes entrance in hospital car park
- 18:20 Your used stamps can be used to help fight against cancer
- 18:19 Christmas stock show at Louth’s Cattle Market
- 18:18 Three people trapped after car and van crash in Narborough Road
- 18:15 Crash between car and lorry causes traffic chaos in Hedon Road, Hull
- 18:15 Jessica Lawson WILL get her colourful memorial bench thanks to...
- 18:14 Flu outbreak closes Stockport high school for five days
- 18:13 Good turnout to Melton’s 2016 Fatstock Show
- 18:13 Strobe lighting provides a flicker of hope in the fight against...
- 18:08 Nottingham luxury handbag designer targets Selfridges with new brand
- 18:07 Manhunt sparked after convicted arsonist escapes from Sudbury prison
- 18:07 'Flashing light therapy' for Alzheimer's
- 18:06 Telford & Wrekin Council emergency meeting over A&E plans - updates
- 18:06 Tata commits to future in Port Talbot - saving 4,000 jobs
- 18:06 Chelsea legend: This is why Diego Costa is totally outperforming...
- 18:05 Here’s the moment an exhausted baby seal was found wadding a mile...
- 18:05 Tastes of the black stuff at Gosberton Winter Ale Festival
- 18:05 Burglars steal child’s quad bike from Moulton
- 18:04 Know your place, robots! Brain study from Google AI lab could help...
- 18:04 Incredible X-rays show how lithium-ion batteries explode: Gas...
- 18:04 Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund, UEFA Champions League LIVE: Follow...
- 18:04 Brendan Rodgers hoping respectable Champions League campaign...
- 18:04 UEFA Champions League scores: Tottenham v CSKA Moscow, Porto v...
- 18:03 Rape trial hears child 'did not make up evidence'
- 18:02 US STOCKS-Dow, S&P hit highs; Trump comment hammers drug stocks
- 18:02 Musk's SpaceX says rockets to remain grounded until January
- 17:59 Mansfield man faces drug dealing trial at crown court
- 17:58 City secondary school is "inadequate" says Ofsted
- 17:58 Edinburgh creatice agency launches Chrimojis pack
- 17:56 Four arrested on suspicion of intent to supply drugs in Sainsbury's...