Barrow pensioner in court today accused of causing four-car pile-up
Gillian Nora Thompson, of Piel View Grove, is accused of crashing into two parked cars in South Row and then colliding into two others in South Row, Barrow, on March 13 of this year.
The 76-year-old is alleged to have been driving an Audi A3 when for no apparent reason she is said to have collided with two parked cars, continuing to ride up on to others, causing damage to four cars in total.
Thompson is due to appear at Furness Magistrates' Court today having been charged with driving without due care and attention.
- 07:28 Some of the gigs taking place in the Dispatch area this weekend
- 07:28 Adam Murray: ‘Mansfield Town will make the play-offs’
- 07:28 NHS 'hundreds of millions of pounds short' regaining cash from...
- 07:28 Eni posts third-quarter net loss, misses expectations
- 07:28 UBS sees tough markets ahead as third-quarter profit drops
- 07:28 Total third-quarter beats forecast on increased output and cost...
- 07:27 Royal Bank of Scotland sees more losses in third quarter
- 07:24 Thieves leave 'scene of devastation' after ransacking church for money
- 07:24 Woman accused of murdering boyfriend by stabbing him in chest...
- 07:23 'Evil' bully's reign of terror which left disabled girlfriend 'broken'
- 07:23 EU gives food clean bill of health over herbicides
- 07:22 Nikkei climbs to fresh 6-month high as rising yields help financial...
- 07:21 Phil Brown tells Hull City fans what they'll get from Neil McDonald
- 07:21 Q&A with new Hull KR coach Tim Sheens as he talks City of Culture...
- 07:21 Family’s thanks for support after fire destroys their Swinstead home
- 07:21 NHS 'hundreds of millions of pounds short' regaining cash from...
- 07:20 Manchester United receive Chris Smalling injury boost
- 07:19 Iain Duncan Smith to urge PM to scrap £3.4bn Universal Credit cuts
- 07:18 Barnet suffer major blow ahead of Hartlepool visit
- 07:18 William Scott Abbott Trust receives last of money it needs to...
- 07:17 South Derbyshire food hub in Swadlincote celebrates feeding 1,000th...
- 07:17 Traffic, travel and weather for Burton and South Derbyshire
- 07:17 Russia says Syria should look at gas attacks, dimming sanctions hopes
- 07:17 Two men charged with tampering with three ATMs in Grantham
- 07:17 Keep children safe this Halloween
- 07:15 Sheffield war hero's medal now pride of place in museum
- 07:13 Dead scary: Bodmin Jail ghost tours
- 07:11 Exclusive - Rohingya women say Myanmar soldiers raped them amid...
- 07:09 Fundraising effort for Tarporley War Memorial Hospital launched at...
- 07:08 Martin Flanagan: TSB rising to the Brexit challenge