Barrow midwife with 'attitudinal problem' struck off after baby death blunders
Lindsey Biggs had previously been found guilty of causing Joshua Titcombe to 'lose a significant chance of survival' at Furness General Hospital.
Joshua died from a lung haemorrhage nine days after being born at FGH in October 2008.
The Nursing and Midwifery Council today found that Biggs had an ‘attitudinal problem’ and had failed to take responsibility for her actions.
The NMC earlier found Biggs – and her colleague Holly Parkinson – were 'controlled and guarded' in their evidence and 'appeared distanced and detached from what occurred that day.'
The tribunal also heard that Biggs had... read more
- 12:56 Executive cars without the premium price tag: Ford Mondeo, Skoda...
- 12:56 Road closed after man seriously injured in crash
- 12:55 France considers idea of giving everyone £660 a month for...
- 12:54 First photos of girl, 18, crushed to death in BPM festival stampede...
- 12:53 Man arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after Lincoln bridge crash
- 12:53 Concern for missing Whitley Bay man
- 12:53 Manchester United agree deal with right-back, contract agreed -...
- 12:53 Theresa May confirms: Britain will leave the single market
- 12:52 Airbus CEO sees 'flying car' prototype ready by end of year
- 12:52 Set-piece goals put Blyth Spartans on top of league
- 12:51 Telford man wanted for recall to prison is arrested
- 12:51 Man wins £10,000 by spinning a wheel at Nottingham casino
- 12:51 No Brexit deal better than "bad deal", UK's May says
- 12:51 Brexit boost for Notts firm A1 Flue Systems - with new jobs and key...
- 12:51 Gendarmes fire into the air at camps in Ivory Coast - witnesses
- 12:51 Cuba's flagship contemporary dance company to open 40th tour in...
- 12:50 Woman jailed for North Yorkshire bank card fraud
- 12:51 Claudio Bravo vs Joe Hart stats are VERY interesting to Man City fans
- 12:50 Video: UK will take back laws, borders and exit single market, PM says
- 12:51 Phil Jones discusses competition with Marcos Rojo, Chris Smalling...
- 12:50 Leeds ‘the country’s fastest growing city’
- 12:50 Former RGC ace Olly Cracknell named in Wales Six Nations squad
- 12:50 I should be having a first pint with my son - but instead I'll be...
- 12:50 Police hunt man who TWICE followed elderly woman into home and...
- 12:49 Cumbrian pre-school's vetting failures lead to inadequate rating by...
- 12:49 ‘The service is a joke’ - Metro passengers react to new timetable news
- 12:49 Zimbabwe pastor held over Robert Mugabe death prophecy
- 12:48 ISIS on the brink? Iraqi forces make big advance on Mosul, the...
- 12:48 Migrants to be forced to work unpaid for asylum as besieged Italy...
- 12:48 Seven tax rebates worth hundreds of pounds you could be entitled to