Barrow building society to cut 12 jobs as boss says 'we have to change with the times'
Furness Building Society has confirmed four roles will be made redundant at its Barrow headquarters in Duke Street and a further eight jobs will be lost after a decision was taken to close branches in Castle Street in Liverpool and Knowsley Street in Bolton.
The society, which employs a total of 180 people and has around 60,000 customers is undergoing what has been described as a "reshaping".
Chief executive Mike Kirsch said the company takes "no pleasure" in making jobs redundant.
We have to change with the times "This week we have announced a number of roles are... read more
- 16:30 Liverpool man appears in Barrow court in connection with alleged...
- 16:30 'No one deserves to be taken so young' Tributes pour in for tragic...
- 16:29 Jeremy Corbyn has finally explicitly called the IRA terrorists
- 16:29 15 things all 90s kids did after school
- 16:28 Arsenal reduce season ticket prices by 10 per cent after failure to...
- 16:29 Cher at 71: Her most incredible outfits in pictures
- 16:28 Real Madrid's celebrations continue as Gareth Bale and Co parade...
- 16:28 American Gods episode 4: Who is Emily Browning? Did YOU recognise...
- 16:27 Golfer meets medics who saved him after heart attack
- 16:27 PICTURE GALLERY: Corby schoolchildren take part in duathlon challenge
- 16:27 CCTV stills released after use of fake twenty pound notes in Ripon
- 16:27 Concert promoters reveal plans for Botanics event in Edinburgh
- 16:24 Grantham hustings at St Wulfram’s Church has been postponed for a week
- 16:24 Tell Dad just how much you care with a free Father’s Day message in...
- 16:24 Worksop police officers commended for their bravery
- 16:23 Nate Diaz fires more shots at the UFC: F**k a retreat!
- 16:22 Stacey Solomon takes karaoke to the next level with nationwide tour...
- 16:22 Vote for your favourite Wigan Curry House
- 16:20 We need private security to patrol lkeston, says Dukeries Club...
- 16:20 What the next Intu Derby restaurant should be - according to you
- 16:19 Warning over Blue Whale Challenge craze after 13-year-old dies
- 16:19 So THAT'S why there's a decibel sticker on your wheelie-bin
- 16:19 Decommissioned bedsits in Long Eaton to be converted into family homes
- 16:18 Sutton St James continues search for ‘village caretaker’
- 16:17 Germany must invest to keep up in electric cars - Merkel
- 16:17 Something massive is passing in front of that ‘alien...
- 16:17 Cars are no longer allowed to use Bank Junction during the day
- 16:17 An early look at Late May Bank Holiday weekend weather in the...
- 16:16 Who should I vote for?
- 16:16 Wall St. opens higher as oil prices, defense stocks rise