Barnsley sack assistant boss Tommy Wright following corruption allegations
Championship club Barnsley have sacked assistant head coach Tommy Wright after he was caught up in an undercover sting.
Wright had been suspended by the club after he was secretly filmed by The Daily Telegraph accepting a £5,000 bribe.
The 50-year-old was paid after he reached an agreement with a fake company to help them sign players from Barnsley as representatives.
Given the seriousness of the situation, the south Yorkshire club conducted a full investigation and, after insisting they were unaware of ‘any wrongdoing’, took the decision to sack Wright.
‘Barnsley FC today terminated the... read more
- 07:43 Bury North MP James Frith opens Old Hall Primary School's new annex
- 07:43 Ferrari driver involved in supercar smash in Sheffield tracked down...
- 07:42 Rail groups coupling together to revive electrification proposals
- 07:39 Toni Kroos FEARS Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool due to his time at...
- 07:39 Liverpool News: Lyon offer major Fekir update, Kroos claim,...
- 07:39 Philippe Coutinho makes Barcelona ace Lionel Messi submit transfer...
- 07:36 Part of M6 in Cumbria shut due to lorry fire overnight
- 07:33 Chelsea transfer news: Next Blues boss told to build team around...
- 07:31 ‘Prolific’ car thief banned from entering three areas of Sunderland
- 07:31 Boris Johnson wants a private plane for Brexit business ‘because...
- 07:31 Last ditch attempt to save Calderdale school building
- 07:26 Flowers from the Farm win gold at Chelsea Flower Show debut
- 07:26 Texting mistakes you don’t know you’re making
- 07:21 Donald Trump may extend UK visit to play golf in Scotland
- 07:20 Train strikes confirmed for Northern rail services
- 07:16 M&S profits slump on store closure costs
- 07:15 Ulverston driver due to appear in court accused of failing to stop...
- 07:15 How therapy dog Ted is helping mental health patients across Cumbria
- 07:15 Chance to win VIP tickets for The Mail Picnic Day at Cartmel...
- 07:15 Cheers: Friends and family pay tribute to former Barrow landlord
- 07:15 Selfless volunteers praised for combined 30 year commitment to...
- 07:15 Barrow man to face criminal damage charge
- 07:13 How therapy dog Ted is helping mental health patients across Cumbria
- 07:13 Outdoor company Patagonia backs bid to restore Lake District route...
- 07:13 Carlisle hospital guard assaulted after patient's tobacco theft fears
- 07:13 Festival can go ahead after 11th-hour hearing
- 07:10 Train strikes confirmed for Northern rail services
- 07:09 GPs need access to database of social activities to help lonely...
- 07:09 Street and park cordoned off in Sheffield suburb amid reports of...
- 07:09 Three children rescued after huge blaze breaks out at house...