Barnsley father makes 3D printed arms for toddler son
A father whose son was born with no right hand has created several artificial limbs for him using a 3D printer set up in his bedroom.
Three-year-old Tommy Dengel can now pick things up, shake hands and "fist bump" his dad Adam using his DIY arm.
After a charity provided the design, Mr Dengel, 29, bought a 3D printer and spent hours mastering the technique.
He said one of his son's favourite arms - the Buzz Lightyear one - had broken due to constant use.
Tommy was born with a short forearm and missing his hand due to amniotic band syndrome - a rare condition where stray bands of... read more
- 07:28 Arthouse films battle squeeze from Netflix and blockbusters
- 07:28 Switch energy providers now to escape price rises
- 07:28 ‘I don’t need things. I have two suitcases with everything in’
- 07:28 Holiday money: how to find the best cards and currency rates
- 07:28 Are some landlords bending energy efficiency rules?
- 07:28 Is it worth buying expensive sun cream?
- 07:22 Man Utd transfer news: David de Gea NOT offered new deal - truth on...
- 07:20 Rugby’s charity Christmas card shop to close it doors
- 07:20 Yorkshire’s wetlands are prime spots to witness nature’s aerial...
- 07:20 New hatchlings boost Sedbergh’s efforts to save the swift
- 07:16 Boss Bates aiming for four new Pools signings in next 10 days
- 07:15 Dowson’s delighted to have key role with Boyd’s new-look Saints
- 07:13 Ballinger excited for new challenge with FC Stratford
- 07:13 PICTURE GALLERY: Stratford Snooker League presentation night
- 07:13 Lawyers saddle up for 3,700 mile cycling relay
- 07:13 Public-funded £3m office block could finally be fully occupied...
- 07:13 School slam 'destructive' pool group ahead of crunch meeting
- 07:13 Sailor speaks after Mayday rescue which had seven vessels on standby
- 07:10 Chelsea news: Antonio Conte sacking to be confirmed NEXT WEEK,...
- 07:10 Horninglow couple thank neighbours for replacing tent after it was...
- 07:09 Northampton pub installs double-decker bus-sized TV screen perfect...
- 07:08 The touching story behind Hull's homeless DJ
- 07:07 Donald Glover on the return of Atlanta: ‘I’m not making a TV show,...
- 07:05 What links Zinedine Zidane, Bob Paisley and Carlo Ancelotti? The...
- 07:04 Sturgeon says Brexit negotiations have ‘eroded’ trust in Westminster
- 07:04 Councils raid reserves to pay for frontline daily services
- 07:03 Life in Fridaythorpe, the village on top of the Wolds
- 07:02 FARMING MATTERS: Sheep farmers’ anxiety over dogs
- 07:01 Leeds transfer news: Sky Sports man delivers major update on summer...
- 07:01 Arsenal transfer news: Aleksandr Golovin swoop could be hijacked by...