Barechested gunman lands himself in court for trying to 'protect' neighbourhood
A police patrol found a bare-chested man with a gun walking down a Teesside street at 1.30am.
But the Wild West scene in Hemlington, Middlesbrough , had a less than sinister explanation, a court heard.
Stuart Forrest, 49, said he was being a good neighbour with his rifle after he heard a car alarm going off a few doors away.
Prosecutor Jenny Haigh told Teesside Crown Court that he explained the noise woke him up and he thought that somebody was trying to steal a young woman’s car.
He said that he slipped on his “trackie bottoms” and he grabbed his air rifle with the intent to scare them... read more
- 11:07 'Help us save old school from demolition crews'
- 11:06 At last, we’re actually going to get some hot weather
- 11:06 Ancient castles, vineyards and James Bond-approved roads: Six...
- 11:06 Never, ever grin at a gorilla: Musician reveals how the mood of a...
- 11:06 Sardinia sparkles - even without its capital of bling: Why the...
- 11:06 Deliveroo brings takeaway orders straight to holidaymakers lounging...
- 11:06 I’ll eat humble pie – the Algarve is a foodie’s heaven: Fresh fish,...
- 11:05 Two men and a boy arrested on suspicion of burglary
- 11:05 Timothy Fosu-Mensah reveals messages from Manchester United manager...
- 11:04 Leeds eying Arsenal ace Chuba Akpom as Chris Wood replacement:...
- 11:03 10 sure signs you’re the toxic one in your friendship
- 11:02 Care home ordered to improve over safety concerns
- 11:02 Rocking on in memory of Grimsby 'Rock God' Karl Brumby
- 11:02 Fun day in Freshney ward packed with thrills thanks to Comic Relief...
- 11:01 Dad got drunk and dug huge hole so now it’s a swimming pool
- 11:00 From nightclubs to shops, check out these part-time jobs perfect...
- 10:58 Kim Wall died in accident on submarine, Danish inventor says
- 10:57 Holiday weather: Outlook for resorts at home and overseas on August 22
- 10:56 Grimsby Town fans 'had to show bras' to Stevenage security
- 10:55 If you’re going to feed the trolls, do it with these cakes
- 10:55 Taco Bell now sells a breakfast taco with a fried egg for a shell
- 10:54 Cyclist suffers potentially 'life-changing' injuries in Orchard...
- 10:54 New ONE Championship champion Martin Nguyen eyeing super fight with...
- 10:54 Pictured: £500k in suitcase and £1.2m heroin haul found hidden...
- 10:53 Bruce Forsyth's family reveal star’s struggle during his final days
- 10:53 Car ploughs into Marseille bus shelters leaving 'at least one dead'
- 10:52 Illegal scrambler bikes spotted in Ellesmere Port
- 10:52 Government U-turn demanded over broken railway promises
- 10:52 Why today is a Day of Moaning about public transport
- 10:49 Dead mouse in Jiffy bag stalker given suspended jail sentence