Barcelona and Las Palmas fans locked outside Camp Nou as game goes ahead despite Catalan independence protests
Fans of Barcelona and Las Palmas have been locked out of the Camp Nou after it was decided the game would be played behind closed doors.
There had been suggestions the game would be postponed but it will now take place with no fans in the stadium with officials feeling safety was not guaranteed due to the violence surrounding the Catalan independence referendum.
A statement by the club said: "FC Barcelona condemns the vents which have taken palce in many parts of Catalonia today in order to prevent its citizens exercising their democratic right to free expression.
"Given the... read more
- 12:04 Burnley is one Lancashire's 10 unluckiest towns
- 12:03 Brooklyn Beckham set ‘to become the Spice Girls’ official reunion...
- 12:02 Award for improving Parkinson’s care
- 12:02 KFC restaurants in Northampton forced to close as stores run out of...
- 12:02 Hipperholme pupil makes a splash as she clinches gold and meets...
- 12:02 Snap happy shoppers in with chance of winning spending spree
- 12:02 Warwickshire Freemasons support new maternity unit at Warwick Hospital
- 12:02 Did you see Danny Rose’s AMAZING message to Ryan Mason against...
- 12:02 Lewis Hamilton reveals insight into training schedule ahead of...
- 12:01 Paedophile Falder jailed for 32 years
- 12:01 Peter Rabbit among Beatrix Potter characters to star on new coins
- 12:01 Cash to help gardeners club
- 12:01 Chelsea frustrate Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi like no other side
- 12:01 In pictures: Handsworth v Burntwood RUFC
- 12:01 Lichfield City FC beaten 4-2 by Atherstone Town
- 12:01 Teen blackmails teacher into handing over £10k after 'inappropriate...
- 12:01 Got any old-style £10 notes? This is when they cease to be legal...
- 12:00 Elderly victim turns crimefighter to catch fraudsters in police sting
- 12:00 Sergio Aguero heads out with his old man as Manchester City striker...
- 12:00 In pictures: Seven stunning Scottish castles for sale
- 12:00 KFC closures across Preston - latest
- 12:00 Irvine Welsh: ‘I had a criminal record aged 8’
- 11:59 Leeds United memories: Whatever happened to... striker Rob Hulse?
- 11:59 Council partnership yields jobs in Burnley
- 11:58 What not to expect from Philip Hammond Spring statement
- 11:58 Call to bring forward vote on cutting Commons to 600 MPs
- 11:58 Burglars target Sheffield street
- 11:58 Iceland's mooted circumcision ban sparks religious outrage
- 11:57 Matthew Falder who forced teen to rape boy, 4, and girl to eat dog...
- 11:57 Unilever releases details of its entire palm oil supply chain