Banned driver whose vehicle rammed two police cars is jailed
A disqualified driver who deliberately rammed two police cars in Birmingham in a bid to get away has been jailed for two-and-half years.
Nathaniel Miles-Webster had been banned from the roads several weeks earlier after ramming another police vehicle during a chase in Scotland.
Birmingham Crown Court was shown CCTV footage of one of the police cars being jolted by Miles-Webster’s Ford Fiesta on August 3 this year in Ladywood Middleway.
The court heard he then sped off, pursued by the officers, towards Smethwick reaching speeds of up to 80mph on roads with a 30mph limit.
Mark Jackson,... read more
- 09:05 There could actually be a link between a longer life and...
- 09:05 Standard Chartered closes $1.6 billion-plus of shipping finance deals
- 09:04 Sheffield triple killer to learn if jail term breaches his human...
- 09:04 Hartlepool man is one of first to stay awake during shoulder...
- 09:04 MP demands borough plan be ‘torn up’
- 09:04 Bus stop crusade victory
- 09:04 Delays on Southbound M6 after a multi-vehicle accident
- 09:03 Greggs records healthy rise in quarterly sales
- 09:01 Here's how you can get extra help from Northern Powergrid during a...
- 09:00 WWE superstar Brock Lesnar accused of taking steroids months before...
- 09:00 Juncker’s crony Antonio Tajani tipped to become Euro Parliament...
- 09:00 Space community mourns the death of the last man to stand on the...
- 09:00 BREAKING: Guy Verhofstadt 'BOTTLES IT' as he QUITS EU Parliament race
- 09:00 South Shields car thief got punch in the face
- 09:00 How much has Lancashire Constabulary’s three year investigation...
- 08:59 Households watching pirate TV can expect a scary letter through the...
- 08:59 Manchester United showed ‘lack of class’ against Liverpool, says...
- 08:59 Man who killed three members of Sheffield family appeals against...
- 08:59 UPDATE: Man arrested on suspicion of murder in connection with...
- 08:59 How to stop all nuisance calls
- 08:58 Russia expects dialogue with Trump on nuclear weapons - Lavrov
- 08:58 Pound recovers ahead of May Brexit speech
- 08:58 How to order a martini: 7 gin martini types you need to know
- 08:58 Flamingo Land zoo column with Lindsay Taylor
- 08:57 Busker on board Leeds buses to shine a light on mental health
- 08:57 Karen Gillan on Tupperware Party, Inverness and Avengers
- 08:56 Snapped: West Ham outcast dons new club's kit after completing...
- 08:55 School remains closed over building's safety fears
- 08:54 Give rugby club a try and help secure its future
- 08:53 Pat Nevin makes huge claim about Chelsea striker Diego Costa