Banned driver who led Derby police on 121mph chase jailed for 18 months
A disqualified driver, who led police in Derby on a 121mph chase through Derby, has been jailed for 18 months.
Ian McShane drove at an average speed of 116mph as he led pursuing officers down the A52 away from the city as he fled from them after he pulled a 180 degree turn on The Wardwick.
The 26-year-old then caused £2,500 of damage to one police car as he collided with it before speeding away.
But he was eventually boxed in by two officers close to Swarkestone Bridge where he was brought to a stop.
A search then revealed he was in possession of amphetamine but he refused to undertake... read more
- 16:15 Hundreds gather for funeral of Workington biker Christopher Peck
- 16:14 Chester academy rolls out the bunting to stage Royal Wedding...
- 16:14 Tory chairman urges Scots to support England at the World Cup
- 16:14 Six crews of firefighters tackle fire in thatched roof at Frisby
- 16:13 Mother duck teaches 11 ducklings to use a zebra crossing
- 16:12 Success of St Helens mental health awareness event
- 16:12 An identical, monotonously predictable safety-first approach
- 16:11 Public divided over plans for mayor to take charge of fire service
- 16:10 Cyclist taken to hospital after assault in Warwick park
- 16:10 Liverpool news: Jurgen Klopp ‘green lights’ arrival of Real Madrid...
- 16:09 Passengers set for bank holiday rail chaos - here's how you're...
- 16:08 Inquiry opens into death of Wigan man, 28
- 16:08 Surge in football attendances at SPFL grounds
- 16:07 Man arrested after alleged rape in Nuneaton
- 16:06 BBC presenter Rachael Bland reveals 'incurable' cancer
- 16:06 A second ‘alien asteroid’ has been spotted in our solar system
- 16:06 Liverpool stars Salah, Firmino and co train at Anfield ahead of...
- 16:04 Burton graduate left jobless after Carillion collapse lands new job...
- 16:04 Major scheme on former council depot will bring 140 new jobs to...
- 16:04 Call for ban on cars dropping off or picking up pupils at school gates
- 16:04 Multi-million pound retail development in Bolsover is approved
- 16:04 Firefighters rescue pensioner after ravine fall in Newcombe Road,...
- 16:04 Twoteenagers arrested after assault on elderly man
- 16:03 GALLERY: Suitcases full of surprises!
- 16:03 Tracking lorries won't solve Irish border issue, hauliers say
- 16:02 Multi-million pound retail development in Bolsover is approved
- 16:01 Mikel Arteta as Arsenal manager: The Gunners line-up that could...
- 16:00 Twoteenagers arrested after assault on elderly man
- 16:00 "Hope will triumph over hatred": Bishop of Burnley on Manchester...
- 16:00 It was lunch with royalty at Simonstone primary