Banks are snatching back PPI payouts: They've paid out £25bn after years of mis-selling - but now say they made mistakes
Banks are trying to claw back PPI compensation paid years ago to victims of the £25 billion mis-selling scandal, Money Mail can reveal.
Customers are receiving shock bills for thousands of pounds because banks wrongly calculated their payment protection insurance (PPI) payouts.
They are demanding customers hand back up to £15,000 as many as four years after the original payout was made.
It is unclear exactly how many people could be affected by the mistakes, but experts warned that thousands of mis-selling victims might be at risk.
The sneaky way PPI was piled on to credit cards and loans... read more
- 10:54 LIVE as Radio 1 Big Weekend causes heavy traffic in Hull and East...
- 10:54 Radio 1 Big Weekend 2017 set times for day one when Katy Perry...
- 10:53 Beware of scammers gaining PC access
- 10:53 10,000 people ask for Lincoln Knights' Trail guide leaflets
- 10:51 British and Irish Lions can win in New Zealand if they go into the...
- 10:51 Arsenal vs Chelsea FA Cup final build-up LIVE: All the news and...
- 10:51 Joe Cole urges Antonio Conte to adopt Sir Alex Ferguson’s blueprint...
- 10:51 Novak Djokovic adds Dominic Thiem and Alexander Zverev to the list...
- 10:50 Wonder Woman director speaks out on claims Gal Gadot movie is ‘a MESS’
- 10:49 Dad stashed drugs under floorboards
- 10:49 Manchester terror attack: Two men arrested for questioning released...
- 10:47 Scunthorpe pharmacy bank holiday opening times
- 10:46 Afghanistan war: At least 13 dead in Khost bombing
- 10:46 ELECTION 2017: Lib Dem manifesto – who is it for exactly?
- 10:46 Arsenal's last FA Cup final clash with Chelsea left me with mixed...
- 10:45 Colourful way to raise cash
- 10:45 Dad survived being blasted in HEART with shrapnel during Manchester...
- 10:45 Eating Out - The Old Bank
- 10:44 Teenage girl sexually assaulted in Newcastle as she walked to metro...
- 10:44 Mother and son confronted by hammer wielding burglars
- 10:43 Unusual images put in the frame
- 10:41 Birmingham Pride parade 2017 LIVE: Updates, photos, video and...
- 10:41 11 Derbyshire business with truly wacky or clever names
- 10:41 Top author to visit Sutton
- 10:39 Warwickshire secures wheely big world record
- 10:38 One-legged rapist who begged ‘vulnerable’ teen not to run away jailed
- 10:36 Controversial procedure keeps Chesterfield venue open
- 10:36 ‘A Village with Sculptures’ title at risk as statue moved
- 10:33 Partner of police officer killed in Manchester bomb 'doesn't yet...
- 10:33 Mum left young kids alone in house for more than two weeks while...