Banker 'corrupted by boys' jollies perks'
A banker racked up £60,000 on "boys' jollies" using a credit card given to him by an associate in exchange for business loans, it has been claimed.
Lynden Scourfield, who is not on trial, received free travel and use of a credit card organised by David Mills, 59, a court heard.
On Monday, Brendan O'Neill QC claimed Mr Scourfield supervised loans that led to losses of £245m.
He worked at the Halifax Bank of Scotland (HBOS) in Reading, Berkshire.
'Cartier watches' purchased The accusations were heard at Southwark Crown Court where six people are charged with conspiracy to corrupt,... read more
- 07:06 Marks & Spencer makes the mother of all errors
- 07:06 I’m 64 with a poor credit history – how can I remortgage?
- 07:06 How to tackle your interest-only mortgage shortfall
- 07:06 ‘Urgent regulation needed’ to stop abusive practices by letting agents
- 07:04 Experts reach for the stars to fight slavery as satellite pictures...
- 07:04 Monday briefing: Johnson ramps up anti-Russia rhetoric
- 07:04 The 100 million city: is 21st century urbanisation out of control?
- 07:02 ‘What will happen to Saturday Night Takeaway?’ Fans speculate Dec...
- 07:02 Chelsea and Man Utd dealt transfer blow: Robert Lewandowski and...
- 06:59 Government decides to keep 1p and 2p coins after one-day consultation
- 06:59 Investigation after man defecates on floor at Preston train station
- 06:59 Morrisons creates £10 meat box it says will feed your family for a...
- 06:59 Many men are sexually harassed in the workplace – so why aren’t...
- 06:59 Five Derbyshire roads closed after heavy snow
- 06:58 Leader comment: Law to oust errant MSPs carries serious risks
- 06:58 Tories bid to outflank SNP in post-Brexit powers row with ‘Union...
- 06:57 Government decides to keep 1p and 2p coins after one-day consultation
- 06:55 Village pub saved after locals raise £1,000,000 to buy it back...
- 06:54 Newcastle United’s last stand in the Champions League - against...
- 06:54 Revealed: The staggering number of drivers caught speeding through...
- 06:54 Tax-dodging businessman spent thousands of pounds on football games...
- 06:52 Russia election video shows officials allegedly filling ballot boxes
- 06:49 Morrisons creates £10 meat box it says will feed your family for a...
- 06:49 Many men are sexually harassed in the workplace – so why aren’t...
- 06:48 Five Derbyshire roads closed after heavy snow
- 06:47 Five Derbyshire roads closed after heavy snow
- 06:47 Man Utd ace Nemanja Matic reveals one reason why working with Jose...
- 06:45 Final straw: Post campaign to ditch single use plastics
- 06:46 Careers service’s link with school is bearing fruit
- 06:45 Ant McPartlin 'arrested on suspicion of drink-driving'