Bank lobby ICMA urges Europe not to leave Britain behind in capital markets union
The head of banking lobby group ICMA said on Thursday that Europe must bring Britain into its plans to push ahead with its capital markets union project or it will be "substantially diminished".
Speaking in Frankfurt at one of the first major European capital markets conferences since Britain voted to leave the European Union in June, Martin Scheck, chief executive of the International Capital Market Association, said:
"A way needs to be found post-Brexit for Europe to bring the UK into the CMU (capital markets union) if the initiative is to achieve the ambition that inspired... read more
- 20:57 Shipley Glen heritage home transformed
- 20:53 David Ospina error gifts Oliver Giroud a goal for France
- 20:46 People have spotted something a bit strange in Anthony Joshua’s...
- 20:41 Durham hope for Middlesex go-ahead after Cambridge call-off
- 20:41 Review: Belle & Sebastian, The Sage Gateshead
- 20:39 Catalonia crisis: Five separatist leaders detained
- 20:36 Nottingham Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis charged with drug...
- 20:36 Drugs gang boss who ran cannabis operation worth millions is jailed
- 20:27 Ten talking-points that defined the 2018 Cheltenham Festival
- 20:26 Kylie Jenner and baby Stormi Webster are twinning beauties with the...
- 20:25 Johanna Konta takes just 84 minutes to beat Belgian Kirsten...
- 20:20 Cambridge Analytica search warrant granted after Facebook apology
- 20:19 The 2 reasons police are out in force in Melton and Asfordby tonight
- 20:18 I want a plate ... not a spade
- 20:18 Jam or cream first? Milk in tea before or after water? What are...
- 20:18 Martín Vizcarra sworn in as Peru's new president as embattled...
- 20:17 Rural Scottish village broadband network among fastest in UK
- 20:17 Sergio Aguero ruled out of Argentina's friendly with Spain as...
- 20:16 The Spice Girls are reuniting for ‘an animated superhero movie’ and...
- 20:15 Shop worker threatened with knife as robbers grab cash from till
- 20:14 International action for Preston trio
- 20:13 Lionel Messi reveals injury blow before Argentina’s clash with Italy
- 20:11 This is the crime family who sold guns and bullets to gangsters
- 20:11 'Ronaldo is on the pitch with the best player in the world' -...
- 20:11 Prince Harry freaked out by cold feet next to Meghan Markle
- 20:08 Rory McIlroy blames fatigue after he crashes out of WGC Match Play
- 20:06 Elon Musk joins #deleteFacebook movement by axing Tesla and...
- 20:01 Quick thinking Emily reunited with the ambulance team who answered...
- 20:00 Video: The Best of Edinburgh according to Trip Advisor
- 19:56 Liam Broady to skip LTA's two hard-court Challenger events to focus...