Bank compensation limit to return to £85,000
The maximum compensation payable to account holders and savers if their bank collapses is to return to its previous limit of £85,000.
The Bank of England said the change to the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) would happen by 30 January 2017.
The compensation limit was lowered to £75,000 in July 2015, following sterling's rise against the euro.
But since the Brexit vote, sterling has fallen more than 10% against the euro.
The amount of compensation payable is set at €100,000 across the European Union, and under normal circumstances is re-calculated in sterling every five... read more
- 12:31 Give us a break! North west men sneak more leisure time
- 12:30 Give us a break! North west men sneak more leisure time
- 12:30 Vaping banned in restaurants, bars and offices in New York
- 12:29 Greg Rutherford returns to defend his Commonwealth gold medal as...
- 12:30 VIDEO: Relaunched charity shop brings quality goods to South Yorkshire
- 12:29 Record-breaking try-scorer Julian Savea will line up AGAINST the...
- 12:29 Try this simple technique to help you fall asleep in 60 seconds
- 12:29 Aldi to stock special drinks range for Hallowe’en
- 12:29 M&S is looking for more than 100 Christmas staff in Newcastle
- 12:29 More than 5,600 IS foreign fighters have returned home - report
- 12:28 Man City youngster Oleksandr Zinchenko opens up about his future
- 12:28 Aldi to stock special drinks range for Hallowe’en
- 12:27 Unity Works ‘not in a position’ to pay refunds
- 12:26 VIDEO: Relaunched charity shop brings quality goods to South Yorkshire
- 12:25 Dr Martens boosted by rising full-year sales and profits after Asia...
- 12:25 Awkward moment Ben Shephard grills Davood Ghadami over Strictly...
- 12:25 Louise Redknapp ‘house-hunting’ in London with new BFF Daisy Lowe
- 12:24 How record signing Matej Vydra has emerged from the shadows at...
- 12:24 Toback: 200 more women contact LA Times about harassment
- 12:24 MP says local taxpayers should not pay to police national fracking...
- 12:24 Kelly Clarkson: 'When I was really skinny I wanted to kill myself'
- 12:24 Halloween in The Octagon shopping centre in Burton this half term
- 12:23 Burton Albion players to raise money for Children in Need with...
- 12:23 Why armed police officers are also 999 life-savers
- 12:23 Lincolnshire has second biggest pothole problem in East Midlands
- 12:21 Fantastic! Poppy Prom tops £40,000 to support our war veterans
- 12:20 £300k investment in Chester car dealership site
- 12:20 Train fire caused disruption between Chester and Crewe
- 12:20 Budding Barra footballer makes 320-mile round-trip to mainland for...
- 12:20 Hundreds of jobs up for grabs in and around Derbyshire