Bank branch closures hit small firms, says FSB
Small businesses - many of which deal in cash and cheques - face "tough challenges" owing to the closure of bank branches, a lobby group has said.
The UK's bank branch network has halved to just over 8,000 in the past 25 years with more set to close, the Federation of Small Business (FSB) said.
It said that companies were being let down as they valued face-to-face interaction with staff.
A protocol among banks regarding branch closures is currently being reviewed.
Digital barriers FSB chairman Mike Cherry said that many small businesses needed over-the-counter banking facilities.... read more
- 04:17 Military plane crashes in Cuba killing all eight on board
- 04:17 Chile's governing coalition splits ahead of November election
- 04:10 Household food waste level 'unacceptable'
- 03:53 ‘Merkel BLOCKED Macron from helping resolve Greece’s financial...
- 03:52 Cricket teams set for Winkworth Cup T20 action
- 03:48 Family of brain-damaged serviceman seeks Russian treatment
- 03:48 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to celebrate Princess Charlotte's...
- 03:43 School funding: Shorter school week should be considered, say head...
- 03:24 Triple-lock: Call for pensions policy to be revamped
- 03:16 Saints made to suffer by Exeter at Sandy Park
- 03:04 Fresh bid for holiday log cabin plans at Whaplode
- 02:57 Round-ups from North Wales football leagues
- 02:53 Russia accuse Trump of 'violating arms treaty' with US missile...
- 02:42 Madeleine McCann: Parents mark 10 since daughter went missing
- 02:27 Luke Shaw names Manchester United player who helped him through...
- 02:24 China April manufacturing activity expands in April, official PMI...
- 02:23 Supermarkets should sell 'wonky veg' to help cut food waste
- 02:23 MPs in call to boost research in regenerative medicine
- 02:23 Boy, four, dies after being hit by car in Leeds
- 02:22 All Blacks captain Kieran Read in race against time to recover from...
- 02:22 English players seek re-working of Indian Premier League agreement
- 02:22 We should have scored more goals, says Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers...
- 02:22 British driver Jolyon Palmer takes the blame after crashing out in...
- 02:22 Nicky Henderson's treble at Sandown secures fourth Jump Trainers’...
- 02:22 Wladimir Klitschko wants immediate Anthony Joshua rematch: 'We have...
- 02:22 Rangers manager Pedro Caixinha takes full responsibility for...
- 02:21 Boy, four, killed after being hit by car in Leeds
- 02:20 Goya's tapestry workshop in knotty eviction row
- 02:20 The man who has saved 92 crash victims
- 02:13 He looks familiar! Take Me Out viewers spot hunky prison officer...