Bangor's Cob Records site set to be transformed into 'home for the arts' in the city
An artist is busy transforming an iconic record shop into a home for the arts in Bangor .
Llyr Alun Jones, 23, thought of the idea after graduating from Glyndŵr University with a fine arts degree which he completed by studying at Coleg Menai, Bangor.
He’s now taken up a lease on the former Cob Records in Bangor’s High Street , which was popular with music fans for many years until it closed in 2012.
Llyr remembers Cob Records in its former glory and buying his first Goldie Looking Chain CD from there.
Passionate artist Llyr from Sling, Bethesda, said: “We’ve had massive cuts of 50% in the... read more
- 13:48 Novak Djokovic OUT of the Barcelona Open after shock defeat to...
- 13:47 Verdict in trial of teenager accused of murdering boy, 17, in...
- 13:47 Summer education courses launched
- 13:47 Berwick hospital plans to be discussed at public meeting
- 13:45 The key to a long life isn’t money or genetics – it’s...
- 13:45 Tigers player “assisting police”, club confirms
- 13:44 Brexit Bill: David Davis hopeful of late deal with Holyrood
- 13:44 Students ‘shouted “My turn, my turn” as they gang-raped drunk girl...
- 13:44 ‘Skynet’ AI could launch nuclear apocalypse which will wipe out...
- 13:44 Chorley Costcutter turns a corner with new four-star food hygiene...
- 13:43 Go off air! Go Compare's Bill Monster advert can only be shown at...
- 13:42 World of Sport Wrestling to return to British TV screens
- 13:40 PMQs sketch: Fuming Yvette Cooper takes May to task over Windrush...
- 13:40 Plea to find thugs who shot a goose through the head with a crossbow
- 13:40 Arsene Wenger hints he was SACKED by Arsenal in mega revelation
- 13:40 Bomb squad drama: Police deny fire was rigged to hide removal of...
- 13:37 Jeremy Corbyn calls for Amber Rudd to resign over Windrush scandal
- 13:37 Arsene Wenger reveals timing of his exit after 22 years at Arsenal...
- 13:36 Ramsbottom schoolgirl wins national table tennis title
- 13:36 Do you know where missing boy from Wellingborough is?
- 13:35 Mum furious after pub tells her to 'control children or leave'
- 13:35 Man paid someone £500 to split his tongue in two
- 13:34 Mill Fields builds on its sales team with new hire
- 13:33 Man Utd star Alexis Sanchez takes stunning swipe at Arsenal
- 13:32 Prince William just dropped a huge hint over the royal baby name
- 13:32 Man fined for filming dog giving Nazi salutes launches fundraiser...
- 13:32 Viagogo to be taken to court after failing to follow rules to...
- 13:32 Cheeki Rafiki yacht operator cleared over sailor deaths
- 13:32 The Leeds garden which is good for mind, body and soil
- 13:31 IN PICTURES: Another memorable day for Bridlington Lifeboat