Ban on advertising unhealthy food to children considered
A complete ban on advertising unhealthy foods to children is being considered as a way to reduce childhood obesity.
The plan to restrict the promotion of foods high in fat, salt and sugar to under 16s is being consulted on by the Committee of Advertising Practice.
It would see the existing ban on TV ads extended to all media, including online outlets, the industry regulator said.
Current limits on using celebrities and characters to sell food to children could be relaxed for healthier foods.
About one in five children in the England is classed as obese by the end of primary school,... read more
- 12:46 Mum and wife speaks out about the devastation of bowel cancer
- 12:46 New heritage hub to be created at historic Crinan Canal
- 12:45 "Please give my baby's presents back!" Grieving Batley mother's...
- 12:44 London Marathon warnings issued with race set to be warmest on record
- 12:43 Horse and rider injured after being "attacked" by dog off lead
- 12:42 More than 80 applications for Chester FC manager's vacancy received
- 12:42 Senior MPs to force customs union vote
- 12:42 Chelsea captain Gary Cahill wants to prove himself all over again...
- 12:42 New services to help victims of sexual violence
- 12:41 Mum and wife speaks out about the devastation of bowel cancer
- 12:40 Volunteer Hall is now community owned
- 12:40 Agents lose income as Betterware catalogue goes into administration
- 12:39 Mum and wife speaks out about the devastation of bowel cancer
- 12:39 Police divers and drone search Barrow's Cavendish Dock following...
- 12:39 New services to help victims of sexual violence
- 12:39 Manchester City stars arrive for training as Pep Guardiola's...
- 12:38 Armed police point guns towards house during raid
- 12:38 A Cheese Festival is coming to Birmingham this weekend
- 12:38 Jack Wilshere and Wolves - everything you need to know
- 12:38 New services to help victims of sexual violence
- 12:38 Police confirm Dale Winton’s death is not being treated as suspicious
- 12:37 REVEALED: Take a look inside the most expensive home on sale in...
- 12:37 Three-car pile-up on A46 leaves two injured: What we know so far
- 12:37 Iceland launch spicy chicken thighs claimed to be world's hottest
- 12:36 Body found in search for missing Cumbrian woman not seen for five...
- 12:36 Man charged with attempted murder and rape of woman in Derbyshire...
- 12:36 Roadworks latest: Where to expect delays on Friday, April 20, in...
- 12:36 Mum and wife speaks out about the devastation of bowel cancer
- 12:35 "Please give my baby's presents back!" Grieving Batley mother's...
- 12:35 Councillor suspended over abusive online comments