Ban clown mask sales or arrest those 'scaring people stiff' says outraged Flintshire councillor
Clown masks should be banned from sale says an outraged councillor after two women were left "scared stiff" by people jumping out at them in the dark.
Christine Jones has made the plea and if a ban can’t be implemented she wants police to make the wearing of the masks with the intent of scaring people an “arrestable offence”.
She spoke out after two women in her Sealand constituency were left terrified by mask-wearing idiots on Monday night.
In one of the incidents a "clown" jumped out on a woman in her 30s from behind a secluded bus shelter.
Read More Readers react to... read more
- 13:28 Margaret Thatcher set to lose out in Parliament Square statue battle
- 13:27 Turpin case: Parents of captive children due in court
- 13:26 Used car buyers offered new car-style low monthly payments as RAC...
- 13:26 Storm Fionn sparks flood warnings and there’s more snow on the way
- 13:25 Police hunt A590 robbers who tried to steal jewellery from a couple...
- 13:23 Ribbleton man's ultra marathon challenge for Hooves for Healing
- 13:22 Mesut Ozil set to snub Manchester United by signing new...
- 13:20 District council leader answers questions on authority’s new HQ...
- 13:20 Harrogate's health heroes: Meet the child therapists who change lives
- 13:20 Letter: Economy
- 13:19 Frank Fielding eyes double delight against former club Derby County
- 13:19 Harrogate's health heroes: Meet the child therapists who change lives
- 13:18 Humphrey Perkins School in Barrow forced to shut because of fallen...
- 13:18 Still time to exchange the old £1 coins by doing this
- 13:18 Microwaves as bad for emissions as almost seven million cars
- 13:17 BREAKING NEWS: Bomb disposal squad called to Northamptonshire...
- 13:17 Liverpool fans asked to pay respects to footballer who died after...
- 13:17 Woman in 'tug of war' with career criminal who snatched her handbag
- 13:16 Police release footage of Wollaton house burglary in bid to...
- 13:16 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star Kristina Rihanoff sizzles on stage as...
- 13:16 We're proud of Pride: Rainbow-coloured comeback for LGBT...
- 13:16 Top secret files reveal probe into UFO spotted near Blackpool’s...
- 13:16 2 Sisters chicken supplier 'sent MPs Christmas biscuits'
- 13:16 Barrow man to be sentenced for inflicting grievous bodily harm
- 13:16 Michael Barrymore: Pool death inquest bid blocked
- 13:15 Woman punched and kicked a man in pub after he allegedly provoked her
- 13:15 Masters snooker: John Higgins blames TABLE after failed 147 attempt
- 13:15 On the trail of the Todmorden UFO night cows
- 13:15 GSP’s coach hits back at Tyron Woodley’s recent accusation
- 13:15 Rockabye robot! Extraordinary 1960s news footage unearthed in...