Badly decomposed body of a huge 50ft long fin whale washes up on a Devon beach sparking fears it could EXPLODE
The decomposed body of a huge 50ft long fin whale has washed up on a popular beach on Britain’s south coast.
A cordon was placed around it at the Red Rock Beach near Dawlish, Devon, to stop the public getting too close.
And there also could be fears that the enormous carcass has become so bloated with gas that it might burst.
The whale is said to have been tracked in the sea for around a month but was last seen just off the coast of France.
It washed up ashore this morning just after 8am with a pungent smell and attracted a large crowd of onlookers.
Coastguards were at the scene working... read more
- 18:36 Watch Donald Trump get his hand slapped away by Melania in public...
- 18:36 Lana Del Rey cosies up to The Weeknd in sultry Lust For Life video...
- 18:36 Travel: Ile de Re
- 18:35 Top Conservative minister visits west Cumbria on election trail
- 18:34 ‘We should be shopping for her school uniform, not her headstone’:...
- 18:34 Spain in CRISIS as Catalonia says it will declare independence...
- 18:34 Ulverston governors shortlisted for national award
- 18:34 Who should I vote for?
- 18:34 Northern Ireland MUST get special Brexit deal, favourite in...
- 18:34 Judi Dench sneezes after sniffing on rose named after her at...
- 18:34 Scottish IndyCar hero Dario Franchitti robbed at gunpoint in...
- 18:34 Smoke billows across Edinburgh as fire engulfs former Royal...
- 18:32 Paramedic attacked by teenager who had taken 'Never Never Land Pill'
- 18:32 Watch Cygnet being reared by hand at wildlife hospital
- 18:32 Solihull nursery worker used Facebook to blackmail 'petrified'...
- 18:31 BBC presenter Julie Wadsworth 'performed sex act on boy', court hears
- 18:30 Thousands of bees captured in Station Street swarm incident
- 18:30 Arsenal open talks with top striker: He's set for summer move,...
- 18:30 France's Macron acts on pledge to clean up politics
- 18:26 Cash stolen in west Cumbrian burglary
- 18:26 Quad bike stolen in West Cumbria
- 18:25 Anglesey home of famous airman put up for auction
- 18:24 Top Conservative minister visits west Cumbria on election trail
- 18:24 Attempted burglary
- 18:24 U.N. envoy to Yemen says Houdeidah port should be kept safe
- 18:24 Owner tells of dog's fight for life after adder bite on Cumbria beach
- 18:22 Ex-BBC WM presenters Tony Wadsworth and Julie Mayer ‘giggled as...
- 18:22 Everything you need to know about Birmingham's first Olympic-length...
- 18:22 YouTuber’s music video gets 2,215,444 dislikes in just one month
- 18:22 Grieving mum shares images of stillborn baby