Bad news for some iPhone owners as Apple set to deem device 'obsolete'
Apple will soon make some of its older products 'obsolete' - spelling disaster for those still using them.
The company defines obsolete products as any that were discontinued more than five years ago.
Under those guidelines, the company's once flagship fourth generation iPhone, named aptly as the iPhone 4, will no longer be in line for software updates - or security patches.
According to reports on Japanese website Macotakara - and widely echoed around the tech industry press - the cut off date for the iPhone 4 is October 31.
Alongside the iPhone 4 (which cannot be updated beyond iOS 7.1.2)... read more
- 13:00 Chris Ashton to join Toulon from Saracens at the end of this season
- 13:00 Henrikh Mkhitaryan was supposed to show that Manchester United can...
- 12:59 Reunion event for workers of Bloom & Billet Mill set to take place
- 12:59 Season's first seal pups born at Lincolnshire nature reserve
- 12:59 What would happen if a nuclear bomb hit Scunthorpe?
- 12:59 Scunthorpe United look for good away following at Charlton Athletic...
- 12:59 Last tenant moves out as bulldozers are set to move in on Albert...
- 12:59 Government commits to using UK steel after giving backing to...
- 12:59 Anniversary for family run Whaley Bridge company
- 12:58 Biker relives horrifying moment he fell head-first on rocks and...
- 12:58 HK legislature delays swearing-in of pro-independence lawmakers...
- 12:58 Woman's agonising TWO-AND-A-HALF-YEAR wait for pain relief treatment
- 12:57 Screws placed around victim's car after vandals target home
- 12:56 Zac Goldsmith set to quit as MP over Heathrow decision
- 12:55 Councils aren't paying enough to cover the costs of home care for...
- 12:55 Wildlife broadcaster Simon King officially opens Gibraltar Point...
- 12:55 Four tonnes of asbestos fly-tipped near Marshchapel
- 12:55 Woman takes over estate agents 16 years after starting as part-time...
- 12:54 Plans for Cheryl's third wedding 'underway' as boyfriend Liam Payne...
- 12:53 Former Everton striker confirms return to Goodison Park as coach
- 12:53 Scots experts hope vaping could help people lose weight
- 12:52 Meet the two new police horses ready to hit our streets
- 12:52 Police investigating after 'petrol bomb' attack outside family home
- 12:52 Spate of tool thefts from South Tyneside work vans
- 12:51 ‘For the love of our planet’: Transition Town Louth event at Youth...
- 12:51 Daughter of murdered police officer is given escort to school by...
- 12:51 New general manager for Eshott Hall
- 12:51 Four tonnes of asbestos fly-tipped near Marshchapel
- 12:51 Housing for Forces under spotlight
- 12:51 17-year-old released on conditional bail after Southport 'shooting'