Bad IT, grazed knees and bureaucracy: NHS staff share their frustrations
An ambulance is called for someone who has fallen over and grazed their knees We get inappropriate calls from the public who seem to be too scared to get people to stand up after falling over. For example, a person trips in the street and grazes their knees. A crowd gathers and persuades the person to stay on the floor until the ambulance comes. People look on in wonderment as the ambulance crew ask the person if they can stand. The person stands and is full of gratitude but 30 to 40 minutes is spent on the scene doing basic checks that we have to do before discharging patients and... read more
- 06:31 Six injured after protest turns violent over death in police custody
- 06:31 Woman sexually assaulted on bridge at Glastonbury Festival
- 06:30 Glastonbury groom turns to tunnel of love for wedding fun
- 06:30 Westoe Fete a huge success as it’s hailed as one of best ever
- 06:27 Labour to bring forward bill to ban fracking in Scotland
- 06:27 Sutherland Primary Academy praised after two moves in 18 months
- 06:27 Port Vale boss says winger can be crowd favourite
- 06:27 Stoke City show hand in bid to move on expensive flop Giannelli Imbula
- 06:27 Grantham friends raise £400 at carnival ahead of their Great Wall...
- 06:25 Real Madrid News: Ibrahimovic tells Raiola he wants to replace Man...
- 06:25 Daniel Sturridge: Cristiano Ronaldo holds key to future of...
- 06:23 The Voice UK vocal coaches are coming to Burton at event by VocAL...
- 06:23 Chance the Rapper surprised with message from Obamas as he accepts...
- 06:23 Model of small school education ‘must be preserved’, say charities
- 06:22 Game of ‘catch-up’ for police in catching hare coursers across...
- 06:20 SE Asia Stocks-Thailand rises in holiday-thinned trading; Vietnam...
- 06:20 Heroes or agitators? Young lawmakers on Venezuela's front line
- 06:18 JAM JAR ARMY: Gardens provide beneficial activity for older people
- 06:18 Children among the seriously injured after car crashes into crowd
- 06:18 Derby needs to be 'streetwise' to lure top talent to live here,...
- 06:18 Glastonbury festival: the best of Sunday – in pictures
- 06:17 Heysham man raped vulnerable young woman twice in her home
- 06:16 Birmingham Live: Breaking news, travel and weather across the...
- 06:16 How Birmingham's economy has slowed down faster than almost...
- 06:16 Head to Hose Fest to hear great live music
- 06:15 Crown Resorts staff jailed for enticing Chinese gamblers
- 06:15 The life of an Army parson
- 06:14 SO much to see at festival launching in Skegness area
- 06:14 A third of animal owners confess to ‘throwing sickies’ to tend to...
- 06:14 Couch potato teens ‘as sedentary as 60-year-olds’