'Bad batch of Killer Smeg and Spice' leaves six ill
Six people have been kept in hospital overnight after taking a "bad batch" of drugs, police said.
The psychoactive substances, including Spice, Killer Smeg and SpongeBob, are thought to have been bought in the Old Eldon Square area of Newcastle.
The drugs previously fell under the category of so-called "legal highs" before being banned in May.
Police said the six people suffered an adverse reaction but are not thought to be in a life-threatening condition.
Northumbria Police has urged anyone in possession of the drugs to hand them in to police to avoid anyone coming to... read more
- 18:55 Sir Ken Dodd's family ask fans to line streets for funeral
- 18:55 Coronation Street: Plans for weekend set tours revealed
- 18:55 The Greatest Showman soundtrack equals Adele's UK chart run
- 18:55 Banned pesticide found at Highlands walking area after dog death
- 18:55 Former Blockbuster owner Wayne Huizenga dies at 80
- 18:54 Why always him? Wolves 'genuine contenders' to sign Mario Balotelli
- 18:53 The Spice Girls set to voice animated superhero movie
- 18:52 Sick Doncaster fraudster claimed 'toys were bought for my dead child'
- 18:51 Water park boss charged after boy, 10, decapitated while riding...
- 18:51 Nerve agent was used in 1995 murder, claims former Soviet scientist
- 18:51 Massive abscess oozes pus as soon as doctor touches it
- 18:51 POLL: Will World Cup echo 1936 Berlin Olympics?
- 18:50 Universities offer to maintain pension benefits while peace talks...
- 18:48 So Festival ‘snub’ for inland communities
- 18:48 Ministry of Sound DJ set to rock Skegness at watersports festival
- 18:48 Tallington Lakes is the place to go for skiing practice
- 18:45 POLL: Will World Cup echo 1936 Berlin Olympics?
- 18:43 Sheffield GPs launch fresh crackdown on people missing doctors...
- 18:42 Jeremy Corbyn sacks Owen Smith for calling for new EU referendum
- 18:42 Raising funds for curlew campaign
- 18:42 Owen Smith sacked from Corbyn’s shadow cabinet after Brexit call
- 18:42 Sleepy world of retail mattress sales gets rude awakening
- 18:40 MP Dan Jarvis to stand for Sheffield City Region mayor
- 18:40 Ministry of Sound DJ set to rock Skegness at watersports festival
- 18:40 Jeremy Corbyn sacks Labour frontbencher over referendum call
- 18:39 Roadworks latest: Where to expect delays on Saturday, March 24,...
- 18:38 Peggy Walford obituary
- 18:38 Two mums on cocaine rammed car into pedestrians and hit them...
- 18:37 Man appears in court over death of former Taggart star John...
- 18:37 Catalan leaders charged with rebellion by Spanish court after...