'Bad batch of Killer Smeg and Spice' leaves six ill
Six people have been kept in hospital overnight after taking a "bad batch" of drugs, police said.
The psychoactive substances, including Spice, Killer Smeg and SpongeBob, are thought to have been bought in the Old Eldon Square area of Newcastle.
The drugs previously fell under the category of so-called "legal highs" before being banned in May.
Police said the six people suffered an adverse reaction but are not thought to be in a life-threatening condition.
Northumbria Police has urged anyone in possession of the drugs to hand them in to police to avoid anyone coming to... read more
- 11:44 Manchester United vs Reading U23s LIVE score and goal updates
- 11:43 Is this the best job in Lincoln? Game testers wanted!
- 11:42 Coventry woman caught carrying three kitchen knives in a public...
- 11:40 Part of M1 closed between J26 and J25 near Derby due to incident
- 11:40 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:40 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:39 Chelsea are a better team when Antonio Conte picks Cesc Fabregas,...
- 11:39 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Bad weather puts a dampener on weekly Bakewell market
- 11:38 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:38 WASPI CAMPAIGN: 1950s women demand action on pensions
- 11:36 Man United News: Woodward’s £1bn plan for Mourinho, £30m Arsenal...
- 11:34 Police to review 484 cases after criminal probe launched at...
- 11:34 This Bicester style village is coming to the Midlands - here's what...
- 11:34 Jordan Veretout: Midfielder on his Aston Villa future and Steve...
- 11:32 Unravelling tales about Edith
- 11:32 The first ever Muslim-friendly ‘modest’ fashion show is taking...
- 11:31 Flooded church reopens its doors to worshippers
- 11:31 Pensioner fighting for life in hospital after being hit by a taxi
- 11:30 COLUMN: How does your chippy measure up?
- 11:30 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:30 Nottingham's Jazzie Mattis progresses to BBC's Let It Shine final
- 11:30 John Terry reveals what inspired Chelsea’s FA Cup win… it’s all to...
- 11:30 Beeston's Hannah lands role working for celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay
- 11:29 Ken Loach hits out at Government as he collects Bafta for North...
- 11:29 Tamworth FC boss Morrell is desperate for consistency
- 11:25 Arsene Wenger’s brother lifts lid on ‘problem’ at Arsenal
- 11:24 Former Chelsea midfielder: I felt sick to the stomach after this
- 11:24 GREECE IN PANIC: Citizens withdraw £2.1bn from banks in 45 DAYS...