Back-to-back titles for Andy Murray with Shanghai Masters triumph
Andy Murray closed in on world number one Novak Djokovic after winning his sixth title of the year with victory at the Shanghai Masters.
The Scot beat Roberto Bautista Agut, Djokovic's semi-final conqueror, 7-6 (7/1) 6-1 in 96 minutes to extend his winning run to 10 matches after triumphing at the China Open in Beijing a week ago.
Victory in Shanghai, Murray's 41st career title, cut the gap to Djokovic to 915 points.
The first set went with serve until Murray broke his Spanish opponent to take a 4-3 lead but when Bautista Agut broke back and then made it 6-5, Murray took the first set to a... read more
- 15:11 Chatburn woman (55) dies in house blaze
- 15:10 Hawker Yard pop-up idea is long-term winner
- 15:10 Foreign firms to increase spending on Iraqi oil fields in Basra -...
- 15:10 What is sepsis? Deadly condition kills tens of thousands every year
- 15:10 Euro zone inflation outlook still in the balance - ECB's Hansson
- 15:09 LIST: 2016 Nottinghamshire bonfire night events
- 15:09 When is Ross County v Celtic? Kick-off time, TV channel and odds
- 15:08 Joe Schmidt extends stay as Ireland head coach
- 15:08 Poldark ‘rape scene’ complaints examined by media watchdog
- 15:07 Warwickshire trading standards: ‘ham and cheese’ pizzas did not...
- 15:07 Sikh temple incident update: one man cautioned as investigation...
- 15:07 See water shoot into the air during Gateshead High Street roadworks
- 15:06 Kenyan president commutes all death sentences to life in prison
- 15:06 Babies should share bedroom with parents - but in their own bed
- 15:06 South Yorkshire bid to beat domestic abuse
- 15:06 Cuerden jobs site moves step nearer
- 15:06 Man threatened with knife in attempted robbery in Stockton
- 15:05 Girl with incurable illness gets to be police dog handler for the day
- 15:05 Dad 'stalked by cancer' which claimed his wife and daughter
- 15:04 Man sought after he exposed himself on trains
- 15:04 Jail warning for threat to kill man
- 15:04 Adrian Greenwood stabbing: Man guilty of Wind in the Willows murder
- 15:03 Man had facial injuries after assault in Chesterfield bar
- 15:03 Joe Schmidt extends stay as Ireland head coach
- 15:03 Warwickshire trading standards: ‘ham and cheese’ pizzas did not...
- 15:03 Sikh temple incident update: one man cautioned as investigation...
- 15:02 Babies should share bedroom with parents - but in their own bed
- 15:02 Morrisons launches in-store pumpkin carving lessons for parents
- 15:02 The Centre Project, Granby Street, warns it will have to close –...
- 15:02 BFI research shows cinema-goers in Grimsby really liked 50 Shades...