Ayr Storm under 18s beat Glasgow Rocks for first league win
Ayr Storm U18 men scored a historic win in their first ever home game in the Scottish Basketball Championship.
Playing for only the second time at this level, they beat Glasgow Rocks 67-45 and now have a base to build on for the rest of the season.
The visitors to Belmont Academy for the SBC U18m Div2 fixture had just two weeks earlier knocked the Ayr U16men out the Scottish Cup.
Rocks were taller and tried to dominate the paint, but Ayr were fitter and faster and able to run the floor and took a narrow lead into the break.
In the second and third periods, Lewis Dunbar and Hamish Ablett... read more
- 19:48 Obama, cyber security panel chair to meet on Friday: White House
- 19:43 Man knocked out by attacker in Corby
- 19:42 US STOCKS-Wall St edges lower as banks lose steam
- 19:40 Royal officials in a flap as Harry's car suffers flag malfunction...
- 19:40 Christoper Magee and his conspirators were snared by these shocking...
- 19:36 Chelsea transfer target James Rodriguez not happy at Real Madrid,...
- 19:36 A turtle and terrapin were left alone in an ice cream tub at...
- 19:35 Update: Woman taken to hospital after collision with car in Burton
- 19:35 This woman born without a vagina now hopes to start a family
- 19:35 This guy has created the most Australian Christmas tree ever out...
- 19:32 PNE boss wants players to step up
- 19:32 West Ham train at London Stadium as Dimitri Payet and Co bid to...
- 19:32 Brexit EU customs union deal possible - trade minister
- 19:28 Mall of America hires its first ever black Santa and it’s a pretty...
- 19:28 Third time lucky? Iceland's Pirate party given chance to form...
- 19:28 Tiger Woods on the charge with seven birdies during impressive...
- 19:24 Alcohol-related crime, lost output and ill health costs UK £52bn a...
- 19:22 Opposition preview: can Paul Warne galvanise struggling Rotherham...
- 19:22 Staffordshire Police appeal for help in finding missing Rebekah Gemza
- 19:22 Police work to identify person hit by train near Stafford station
- 19:21 Final dress rehearsal for Scunthorpe Pantomime - pictures
- 19:21 Brigg and Winterton Christmas lights switch-on - pictures
- 19:20 Why ARE probiotic yogurts so good for us? Scientists have finally...
- 19:19 First aid champion dies at 78
- 19:18 Festive fun as Hartlepool Christmas lights are switched on
- 19:17 Two collisions on roads in just over an hour
- 19:15 BREAKING: Seven people taken hostage by armed man in Paris
- 19:15 What Derby folk can expect from the new-look Blue Peter pub?
- 19:15 I was wrong to vote against gay marriage says Burton MP Andrew...
- 19:15 Huge turn-out for A Street Cat Named Bob book signing at Intu Derby