Avoid restaurants advertising in English and dress like a hippy: Tried and tested tips for avoiding tourist scams on holiday
Travelling the world is one of life's greatest luxuries, but when you're stuck at the back of a queue of three busloads of tourists, it can feel like total misery.
Often, when holidaying in a popular tourist destination, it can be hard to avoid busy crowds, scams and dodgy food.
But by travelling smart, there are ways to avoid succumbing to tourist traps.
Scroll down for video
Seasoned travellers have been sharing their tips for getting an authentic vacation experience in the online forum Quora.
Tips include avoiding anything that is written in English if it isn't the local language,... read more
- 00:47 Atletico Madrid hoping to welcome back Jan Oblak to starting XI as...
- 00:46 Brazil's wheelchair tourism guru
- 00:37 EastEnders spoilers: Collapse horror ahead for Ian Beale
- 00:37 Long-winded speech an ‘early warning sign’ for Alzheimer’s
- 00:37 David Cassidy slurs his words, forgets lyrics, hits self with mic...
- 00:37 China Stocks-Factors to watch on Tuesday
- 00:36 Two arrested as Barrow police take proactive stance on community...
- 00:36 Roads to close for Barrow Island regeneration work
- 00:36 Long-winded speech could be early sign of Alzheimer's, says study
- 00:36 New voice for disabled consumers
- 00:36 MPs attack ministers' lack of action on gender pay gap
- 00:34 A610 roundabout is Nottingham's jams hotspot of the year
- 00:33 Grandparents 'saving working families billions in childcare costs'
- 00:33 City news: UK production, RBS, Bruce Carnegie-Brown and Interserve
- 00:33 Shares drop at battered Bovis Homes
- 00:31 Dan Carter loses sponsorship contract with Land Rover after failing...
- 00:27 New £4.5m Home Bargains superstore opening in Morecambe
- 00:24 Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren a doubt for Leicester trip as he...
- 00:24 Fabio Quagliarella ends six-year silence on Napoli exit after...
- 00:24 How drug development is speeding up in the cloud
- 00:24 New future for historic Leeds city centre building
- 00:24 Leeds council tax bills to go up by £70... but social housing rents...
- 00:23 Tom Hanks got wife Rita Wilson through breast cancer ordeal by...
- 00:22 Extremely British Muslims reveals secrets of the Birmingham mosque...
- 00:16 Album reviews with Will Stone
- 00:16 ‘I’ll never stop being a foot soldier of this music’
- 00:16 Stokes nets £1.7m for first stint in Indian T20 league
- 00:16 UK sport shuts 7 out in the cold
- 00:17 Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola ahead of Monaco clash: Critics...
- 00:16 Astellar Super League display heralds a bright future