Autumn Statement 2016: What it means for you
The Autumn Statement - the government's second big economic statement of the year - has significant implications for your finances.
Philip Hammond described this statement, his first as chancellor, as a plan to ensure the UK economy is "match-fit".
It included major announcements on housing, benefits and tax.
So what does it mean for you?
'Middle-class perks' Salary sacrifice - dubbed by some as middle-class perks - allow some employees to give up some of their salary in exchange for goods and services. This lowers their income tax and national insurance bill because their salary... read more
- 03:56 It’s International Fetish Day so let’s all learn about the fetish...
- 03:53 Paramount gets $1bn Chinese funding
- 03:50 Man United staff fear star player had ‘too much too soon’: Jose...
- 03:50 China asks foreign diplomats for closer cooperation in anti-graft war
- 03:49 Eugenie Bouchard bows out of the Australian Open after three-set...
- 03:43 Gambia crisis: Jammeh given last chance to resign as troops close in
- 03:43 Trump inauguration protests: TEAR GAS deployed as THOUSANDS march...
- 03:43 BREAKING: 'At least 12' injured after 'out-of-control' car smashes...
- 03:37 'Thank you' - Ian Paisley's words to Martin McGuinness
- 03:35 Former Chelsea winger: I wasn’t happy at Stamford Bridge but I...
- 03:34 Car ploughs into pedestrians in Melbourne, police say
- 03:30 Army mutiny exposes cracks in Ivory Coast success story
- 03:24 Several people injured after car hits pedestrians in Australian...
- 03:17 Nikkei stays in a narrow range, on track for weekly losses
- 02:52 The perils of reporting on China's GDP
- 02:46 The Yorkshire GP who says we can think ourselves slim
- 02:44 UFC News: Coach on McGregor vs Mayeather, Woodley talks Diaz bout,...
- 02:37 China economy grows 6.7% in 2016
- 02:35 Baby boy delivered by mother in car near Aberdeen
- 02:23 'I'm a transgender woman - ask me your invasive questions'
- 02:18 Andy Murray vs Sam Querrey LIVE: Follow the action as the world No...
- 02:15 Corbyn to attack SNP budget plans in Glasgow speech
- 02:13 Leeds council pledges new crackdown on rogue private landlords as...
- 02:10 Who could Sir Andy Murray face in the Australian Open final after...
- 02:05 North Korea PREPARES MISSILES as US says it’s ‘READY’ for Trump...
- 02:03 Larsen ice crack continues to open up
- 02:03 Nottingham mulls 2023 European Capital of Culture bid
- 02:00 Leicester defender Luis Hernandez travels to Malaga ahead of...
- 01:48 Peter Jay: Four years of Trump will not vanquish real America
- 01:46 Man evicted from hospital for blocking bed for two years