Autumn house sales lift asking prices near record - study
House-sellers' asking prices sat just below record levels in October as the autumn market gathered pace, a property website has reported.
The average price tag on a property coming to market across England and Wales is £309,122, marking an increase of 0.9% or £2,623 compared with September, Rightmove reported.
The website said it is currently a "sellers' market" in Wales and northern England, while in southern England it is buyers who hold the upper hand.
The average asking price across England and Wales is now just £1,349 below a record high reached in June.
Asking prices have... read more
- 06:17 Ross Barkley: Tottenham to take time to sign Everton star - report
- 06:16 Broughton Airbus secures $39.7bn worth of deals at Paris Air Show
- 06:16 ‘Freddie’ Flintoff set to make his stage debut in Blackpool
- 06:15 Just weeks away from Cornbury’s swansong
- 06:14 Virgil van Dijk: Chelsea closing in on £60m deal for Southampton...
- 06:13 Nicola Sturgeon accused of 'going rogue' after picking fight with...
- 06:13 'Real misery is being caused to no good purpose' High Court judge...
- 06:13 Tories may sink as fast as fishermen's hope after Ian Duncan's...
- 06:10 Brian Wilson: The SNP are great at asking for your views – but...
- 06:10 Experimental bone growth treatment saves dog’s leg
- 06:10 Pupils taught to help classmates at risk of ‘honour’ violence
- 06:07 Being Donald Trump: the life of an impersonator
- 06:06 Birmingham Live: Breaking news, travel and weather across the...
- 06:06 Games Inbox: Sega Forever concerns, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy...
- 06:06 Prince Harry: No one wants to be king or queen
- 06:05 SE Asia Stocks-Largely flat; Thailand hits over 2-mth high
- 06:06 Sheffield faces £41m shortfall for flood protection schemes
- 06:05 Friend of former South Korea leader jailed for three years - Yonhap
- 06:05 Burton MP Andrew Griffiths to start big 10k race in Marchington
- 06:02 Kylian Mbappe to PSG: £119m bid made for Monaco striker - report
- 06:02 Excitement builds for Strictly return
- 06:02 Real Madrid News: Cristiano Ronaldo requests Gelson Martins...
- 06:02 Arsenal closing in on Alexandre Lacazette: £50m deal could trigger...
- 06:01 5 reasons why Rotherhithe is the best place to live in London
- 06:01 DW Fitness confirm wages will be paid to staff after suspected...
- 06:01 Gold mark for Lancashire’s `high quality’ universities
- 06:01 New date set for sentencing of Derby rapist Ilija High
- 06:01 Funding pot of up to £5,000 open for youth groups in South Holland...
- 05:59 Stanfield dad-of-five stole from vending machines after breaking...
- 05:59 Snapchat's new map feature prompts warning to parents over privacy