News from Auto
More than 130,000 people have signed a petition calling for official recognition of Rochdale sex abuse whistleblower Sara Rowbotham in the wake of a BBC drama about the case. It asks that the social worker, played by Maxine Peake in the BBC1 drama Three
The analysis by UBS will come as a shock to many, as there is a generally perception that electric vehicles (EV) cost more than petrol-powered vehicles. Experts from the investment banks’s ‘evidence laboratory’ made the prediction, after analysing curren
A new Aston Martin has arrived and is looking to regain its place as the best grand tourer on the market. The DB11, it is direct replacement for the critically acclaimed yet ageing DB9 and is set to spawn a host of new vehicles over the next few years as
Double-Olympic champion Nicola Adams climbed into a specially-prepared boxing ring to show off the unique Hyundai IONIQ. The car has been fitted with special sensors and computers which unlock the vehicle when it is tapped by a debit card or contactless
Motorists who look to buy a new car can expect the process to be simpler, with the switch to online sales. New research from online review community Trustpilot and the Centre for Economics and Business (Cebr) reveals motorists looking for a new car will
Buying an armchair that delivers on both style and comfort can be a tiresome business at the best of times. But what if you could have that perfect chair – a chair magically designed to suit your personal tastes – without having to shop for one, or even
Vauxhall has revealed that they popular Scrappage Allowance Scheme would return. The car manufacturer’s scheme offers customers £2,000 towards a new Vauxhall car when their trade in their old vehicle for scrappage. “Our ever popular Scrappage Allowance
Only select vehicles and cyclists will be allowed to travel through a busy London junction in an effort to reduce cyclist casualties. Cars, taxis and lorries are now banned from using the junction at Bank station between 7am-7pm on weekdays. Drivers wh
The officer was out on foot patrol when they spotted the vehicles parked dangerously in areas of Bordesley Green on Saturday morning. The cars, one of which was a taxi, were parked on St Oswald’s Road, Somerville Road, Dora Road, Mansel Road, St Benedict
Variable speed zones on ‘smart ‘ motorways have cost drivers in the UK up to £526 million in fines, since they were first introduced in 2013. These variable speed zones have caught out 210,538 drivers exceeding the speed limit since they were installed.
This year, American art has been on Britain's radar like never before. Many of the capital's most hotly anticipated exhibitions are centred around art from across the pond, the biggest being the post-Depression era America after the Fall exhibition at th
From 26 May, London’s Fashion and Textiles Museum will invite visitors into The World of Anna Sui, an exhibition tracing how the visionary designer has shaped the fashion industry for over 25 years through her daring and experimental clothing. Known for
Jerome Delafosse would be a dream guide on a family camping trip. A genial adventurer with a fearless attitude to nature, he'd build the best fifire, catch the biggest fish and delight everyone around the campfire with astonishing stories of submarine di
Aside from the occasional power cut or commemorative event – such as Winston Churchill's state funeral in 1965 – the famous Piccadilly Lights have very rarely been switched o since their installation in 1908. Earlier this year, though, the original six s
However, performance estates opened out the possibilities for drivers who wanted to put a smile on their face when devoid of children and the household labrador. The only trouble was that, doing so also meant opting for a large Audi RS6, Volvo T5 or T6 o
- 08:07 City named as tourism hotspot for European travellers
- 08:07 Yorkshire child sex abuse scandals ‘help raise awareness’
- 08:07 Rumour mill: Former Coventry City midfielder Gary Deegan no longer...
- 08:06 WEATHER: Wave of warm weather to bring highest temperatures since...
- 08:05 Watch: James Corden's powerful tribute after terrorist suicide attack
- 08:05 Students take centre stage at Chelsea Flower Show
- 08:05 Cumbria-based building society adds fingerprint recognition to app
- 08:05 Meet new boss of Barrow-based building society
- 08:05 Children's health at risk following school nurse cuts, officials claim
- 08:05 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun trivia
- 08:05 Barrow skate park on track with new development
- 08:04 Woman taken to hospital after police called to 'stabbing'
- 08:04 Ariana Grande speaks out over Manchester terror attack: 'I am so,...
- 08:04 Emmerdale star Isabel Hodgins tells of terrifying Manchester Arena...
- 08:03 Blackpool man jailed after drugs ring smashed
- 08:03 Google's AlphaGo takes on Chinese Go master in best of three matches
- 08:03 Victoria Coach station evacuated following reports of...
- 08:03 Suspected terrorist attack in Manchester Arena at Ariana Grande...
- 08:03 Floating market at Willington's Merica Marina proves a 'huge...
- 08:03 People are desperately trying to locate their loved ones after...
- 08:02 Man recognised in photo ex-BBC presenters 'who indecently assaulted...
- 08:02 Manchester terror attack: Suicide bomber responsible for blast...
- 08:02 Manchester terror attack: 22 dead, 59 injured in Manchester Arena...
- 08:02 LIVE BLOG: 22 dead after terror attack at Manchester Arena concert
- 08:02 Manchester Arena explosion: Suicide bomber kills 22 people...
- 08:01 Star player drops massive hint over Real Madrid deal
- 08:01 UPDATE: Children and young people confirmed among the dead after...
- 08:00 Manchester terror attack: Emmerdale’s Isabel Hodgins recounts...
- 08:00 UPDATE: Children and young people confirmed among the dead after...
- 07:59 Manchester Arena explosion: Dashcam footage captures moment 'loud...