News from Auto
Motorists could be overpaying an average of £691 for their annual car insurance due to the mistaken belief that third party cover is the cheapest option. New data from price comparison and switching service uSwitch has found that nearly three-quarters of
As the clocks go back this weekend, Britain’s roads will become a little less safer, with concerns that all road users will be more vulnerable in the early evening darkness. This year sees the hundredth anniversary of British Summer Time (BST), which en
Someone shopping around for comprehensive annual cover can now expect to pay £585.84, according to the AA's British Insurance Premium Index. The cost has surged by 16.3 per cent over the past 12 months, adding nearly £82 to a typical motor policy. A year
Mercedes-Benz's latest E-Class has been a hit with critics and won a reputation as the quiet, comfortable and refined entry in the executive saloon market. However, the latest addition to the range is about turn that easygoing image on its head. Mercedes
Demonstrating how the links between the automotive and fashion industries are becoming ever closer, Rolls-Royce has unveiled a new ‘couture collection’ for spring/summer 2017 for its Dawn luxury convertible, called Inspired by Fashion. Which pretty much
The X-Class is the first such vehicle from a premium manufacturer and reflects the rising popularity of pick-ups, which are increasingly seen as versatile options for buyers who want something that can combine the characteristics of a commercial vehicle
The five-year project is starting this month with initial tests at waste water treatment plant located in Jerez de la Frontera (Cádiz). Seat has supplied Aqualia with two Leon TGI cars in order to conduct the necessary testing, with the biomethane obtain
Audi's SUV line-up is growing at a rapid rate, and the company's Q range is now four models strong thanks to the recent addition of the new Q2 crossover. The Q7 remains the range topper. It's Audi's largest SUV, and the company's answer to the likes of t
Since its launch in March, the Samsung Galaxy S7 has cemented itself as one of – if not the best – Android smartphones on the market, thanks to its impressive build, power and gorgeous display. It's been a serious hit with the critics, too, and is the de
One of two Renault entries in the competitive crossover market is the Kadjar, the French firm's answer to the Nissan Qashqai. The Renault Kadjar is the closest rival to the market leading Nissan Qashqai, not just in terms of quality, but what lurks under
New research commissioned by Hyundai has been attempting to discover what it is that stresses us out. This is particularly pertinent to British motorists, as we seem to be the angriest in Europe, so we need to find some way to deal with the stresses and
With it saw the DS3 updated and refreshed along with the introduction of this new Performance flagship model. Keen drivers might recall that this isn’t the first time that the DS3 has had a hot version with a limited edition Racing model available early
More than 15m speared leisure trips – visiting friends and family, day-tripping or going shopping – are likely to take place between today (21 October) and Monday (24 October). Saturday is likely to be the busiest day on the roads, with data suggesting t
Less a phone with a camera than a camera with a phone, the Kodak Ektra is aimed squarely at the serious photographer. The name is familiar to many of us. It first appeared in 1941 on Kodak's groundbreaking rangefinder camera, now considered a design clas
And some of the motorists had to fight the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency for years to get their licences back. The agency's "flawed" decision-making process and "major failings" were slammed by the Parliamentary and Health...
- 10:05 Review - CAODS's opening night of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
- 10:05 Man United boss Jose Mourinho highlights this player’s performance...
- 10:05 Shale gas supply chain events call
- 10:05 Former 19th century vicarage set to become sought after wedding venue
- 10:05 'Why would someone do something so spiteful?' - Beach hut collapses...
- 10:04 Motorway closed after car fire
- 10:02 How Sheffield allotment is growing connections with nature and the...
- 10:02 Education column: Most parents know less about school than what’s...
- 10:02 Barclays sets aside another £600m for PPI compensation claims
- 10:02 West Ham and Chelsea fan violence turns area into 'bomb site' and...
- 10:02 Australian magistrate tells Aboriginal teen to 'be like 50 Cent'
- 10:01 Bottles of water given to villagers hit by a burst main near Market...
- 10:01 Fewer EU nationals apply to study in Britain after Brexit vote
- 10:01 Turkey orders detention of dozens of pilots in coup investigation -...
- 09:59 Upset thief stole wine after death of friend
- 09:58 Children 'forced to sleep by roadside' after Calais Jungle...
- 09:58 FOOTBALL RUMOURS: Blanc wants United job, Allardyce for Wolves?...
- 09:57 Pensioner slasher back behind bars after going on run from jail
- 09:57 All you need to know about the new Royal Bank of Scotland £5 note
- 09:55 Demand for fibre helps BT meet forecasts, pension deficit widens
- 09:55 England beat USA to host rugby league World Cup in 2021
- 09:55 Manny Pacquiao steps up workout ahead of boxing return as...
- 09:55 Eurowings cancels hundreds of flights amid cabin crew strike
- 09:55 Leeds to lose star man in summer: Leicester scouted him in EFL Cup win
- 09:55 UK economic growth slows to 0.5% in third quarter
- 09:54 Final council votes in favour of Lincolnshire devolution
- 09:53 Cumbria warned to prepare for icy winter weather from next month
- 09:52 Gin prices will increase to painful levels if inflation rises 3%
- 09:50 Waiter knocks thumb off Roman sculpture at British Museum
- 09:50 Man charged with firearms offence after special police operation in...