Autism patients: GPs in England urged to keep register
GPs in England are being encouraged to keep a register of patients with autism in order to improve the care they receive.
Health chiefs say a register would alert GPs to the specific needs of adults and children with autism and help tailor services for them.
The National Autistic Society said it would "help improve the health and wellbeing of autistic people".
But getting a quick diagnosis was still an issue, a child autism charity said.
Autism is a lifelong, developmental disability that affects how a person communicates with and relates to other people, and how they experience... read more
- 13:18 Cristiano Ronaldo furious with three Real Madrid team-mates
- 13:16 Firefighters rescue horse from SWIMMING POOL
- 13:16 More people claiming unemployment benefits in Hull compared to 2016
- 13:16 Boy, 15, arrested on suspicion of stealing Royal Mail post bags
- 13:13 Will you join our campaign to help the homeless in Harrogate this...
- 13:13 Dementia SCANDAL: Hundreds of patients will be STRANDED in hospital...
- 13:12 M62 'carriageway defect' near Wakefield causes lane closure
- 13:12 Police arrest Hull boy, 15, after sacks of post stolen from Royal...
- 13:12 Drama student cleared of rape after night out during Fresher’s week
- 13:12 Romelu Lukaku hits back at critics after scoring Manchester United...
- 13:12 Wrexham AFC set for financial boost as former striker Moult signs...
- 13:12 Will you join our campaign to help the homeless in Harrogate this...
- 13:11 Why Huddersfield's live escape room is going Underground
- 13:10 Ex-West Brom youth trains with Wolves to boost Lambs hopes
- 13:10 Anthony Joshua surprises children in Christmas visit to NSPCC centre
- 13:10 Popular chip shop forced to close after food poisoning allegations
- 13:09 Four Seasons Health Care gains breathing space
- 13:09 REVIEW: Aladdin Preston Charter Theatre
- 13:08 Almost 300 missed appointments at Millom surgery
- 13:08 Millom museum to close for month-long refurbishment
- 13:08 Barrow man admits lying to police after hit-and-run
- 13:08 Christmas benefits 2017 to be paid EARLY - these are the dates you...
- 13:07 Sir Cliff Richard warned financial affairs may be revealed during...
- 13:07 Final Fantasy 7 Remake UPDATE - Another blow for FF7 fans hoping...
- 13:06 REVIEW: Aladdin Preston Charter Theatre
- 13:06 Wakefield coroners seek information on family of Castleford man
- 13:06 Wakefield Christmas hamper appeal is a success
- 13:05 Christmas benefits 2017 to be paid EARLY - these are the dates you...
- 13:05 The Week in the Life column with Keith Tordoff
- 13:04 Human League singer BANNED from airport lounge for wearing the...