Austria 2-2 Wales: Marko Arnautovic strikes twice to leave Chris Coleman's men to settle for a point in Vienna after the visitors had led through Joe Allen and a Kevin Wimmer own goal
Back in the city where he made his Wales debut as a player, Chris Coleman was able to craft more fond memories as a manager. His side left Vienna with a draw, which should be viewed as creditable considering Austria represent the strongest test to their ambitions of reaching Russia in 2018.
The point also extinguishes an irritating run that had formed when Wales wore grey. The charcoal kit with lime green stripes has coincided with defeat on all three previous occasions, so Coleman may now not be as loathed to see his players in it again.
His side were not completely in tune in the Austrian... read more
- 00:07 Have astronomers solved the mystery of the 'engine' on Enceladus?...
- 00:02 West Ham lead the way as Premier League launch Rainbow Laces...
- 00:02 Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes brings speculation over Rangers move...
- 00:02 Crystal Palace boss Roy Hodgson sees Christian Benteke as vital for...
- 00:01 McIness fed up with Rangers speculation
- 00:01 Rodgers prepared for a physical cup final
- 00:01 Welsh Rugby says No to violence against women
- 00:01 Saudis play with fire in Lebanon
- 00:01 Skulduggery over Brexit
- 00:01 Vatican threat to sue altar boys who allege abuse
- 00:01 Georgia Toffolo allowed to wear banned make-up on I’m A Celebrity...
- 00:01 More than 200 Sufi Muslims killed in Egypt gun and bomb attack
- 00:01 Trump 'told Erdogan he'll stop arming the Kurds'
- 00:01 Staffing crisis ‘continues unabated’
- 00:01 Apprentices cheated of £3.50 an hour
- 00:01 Uber looks to appeal rights ruling in Supreme Court
- 00:00 Marking the lives of the women killed by men this year
- 00:00 Why the Chancellor must introduce a Robin Hood tax
- 00:00 A Christmas cracker
- 00:00 Sublime Stockhausen at the Barbican
- 00:00 Graphic vision of a red revolutionary future
- 00:00 Robbing the poor to pay the rich
- 00:00 Women’s concerns should not be minimised
- 23:56 'Do me a favour' Chris Sutton and Ally McCoist clash over Brendan...
- 23:56 Rangers managerial saga is no excuse for Dundee defeat says Graeme...
- 23:53 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho BLASTS his side for not scoring enough...
- 23:51 Arsene Wenger denies unsettled Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil has...
- 23:51 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte frustrated at failure to sort future of...
- 23:51 David Haye posts photo of nasty-looking arm injury that forced him...
- 23:48 Newcastle 7-29 Gloucester: Falcons slip to fourth successive defeat...