Australian storm disrupts supply of raw materials to Asia
The world's fourth biggest copper deposit Australia's Olympic Dam remained indefinitely idle on Friday and production at some of the country's major steelworks halted, after a massive power outage, disrupting supply lines of raw materials to Asia.
The power outage across South Australia state on Wednesday, caused by severe storms, has paralysed some of the world's largest sources of copper, uranium, lead and precious metals.
BHP Billiton said on Friday said it could not say when it would be able to restart its Olympic Dam mine, which is also the world's single biggest supplier of uranium.... read more
- 10:50 Birmingham set for hottest weekend of the year so far as spring...
- 10:50 Dale Winton, TV host
- 10:49 Motorcyclist badly hurt after crash with bus
- 10:49 WEATHER: When will it be hottest in Yorkshire today?
- 10:49 Death of teenager found in street not suspicious
- 10:49 Anger over rail delays lead to calls for clarity as bosses slam...
- 10:49 Royal Warwickshire Regiment captain buried with full military...
- 10:49 Wigan's Week In Court
- 10:49 Amir Khan vs Phil Lo Greco Metro.co.uk Fight Preview: ‘King Khan’...
- 10:48 Motorcyclist badly hurt after crash with bus
- 10:47 Owner of houseboat taken on joyride reveals damage inside his pride...
- 10:47 Scores turn out for behind-the-scenes look at Melton’s Pera...
- 10:47 Melton law firm poised to create jobs as business grows
- 10:47 Graham Norton leads tributes to TV star Dale Winton
- 10:46 Road rage Derbyshire driver needs anger management after van man...
- 10:46 Council leader resigns following WhatsApp police investigation
- 10:45 Cornwall child migrant woman wins fight for British passport
- 10:45 Experts warn of 'toxic plume' ahead of hottest April day for nearly...
- 10:45 Why West Yorkshire street magician Dynamo is under no illusion
- 10:44 Assurances sought over Scotland’s military future
- 10:44 The games Marcos Alonso will miss for Chelsea after FA...
- 10:44 Road rage Derbyshire driver needs anger management after van man...
- 10:43 Entrepreneur launches a website where you can raffle your home...
- 10:42 Experts warn of 'toxic plume' ahead of hottest April day for nearly...
- 10:42 Main commuter road blocked after crash involving three cars
- 10:40 Chester Grosvenor ladies lunch raises over £7,500 for Hope House
- 10:40 Best Birmingham restaurant deals for every day of the week
- 10:40 Digbeth Dining Club moves to Longbridge
- 10:39 County is a royal favourite
- 10:38 Salford man jailed for sharing terrorist handbooks