Australian set himself on fire in Melbourne bank, police say
An Australian man has set himself on fire at a bank in Melbourne, police said, injuring at least 26 people.
Six of them are in critical condition, while others suffered from burns and smoke inhalation -including children.
Police said the suspect walked into a Commonwealth Bank branch in the suburb of Springvale and set himself alight with a flammable liquid.
Police quickly detained the man who was sent to hospital for treatment while under police guard.
- 11:01 British man gets forehead tattoo saying ‘Taiwan’ in Chinese
- 11:01 Pedro Caixinha's Rangers record laid bare after latest setback
- 11:00 Strictly: Brian Conley complains about studio toilets as he leaves...
- 11:00 Harry and Meghan 'have afternoon tea with the queen' - sparking...
- 11:00 One hurt in horror crash
- 11:00 Fylde coast business group calls for online tax crackdown.
- 11:00 Dog's head stuck in wall in Cambridge
- 11:00 Council gets green light to spend £2.8m on buying empty BHS and...
- 10:59 War veteran to receive fitting send-off after public appeal
- 10:59 Strictly Mone Dancing as Baroness Michelle turns down £350k CBB...
- 10:59 Justin Timberlake to headline Super Bowl halftime show 14 years...
- 10:59 Two taken to hospital after car crash
- 10:58 Egypt disputes reported death toll from desert shoot-out
- 10:58 Motorcyclist suffers leg break after Kingstanding crash
- 10:58 Thirty firefighters tackle 1.15am blaze in Edward Road, Balsall Heath
- 10:57 Gunpowder review: 'Explosive stuff, but sometimes too nasty to watch'
- 10:57 Have you seen missing Sarah?
- 10:57 Sheffield staff help raise £40,000 for children’s hospital extension
- 10:57 Dry and mild with patchy rain
- 10:57 Sheffield Wednesday news: Carlton Palmer demands Carlos Carvalhal...
- 10:56 PICTURES: Redbrik Chesterfield Half Marathon 2017
- 10:56 Thirteen more storms set to hit Britain this winter
- 10:56 North East Chemists chain sold to Milton Keynes firm
- 10:55 Bank of America Merrill Lynch fined £35m by UK watchdog
- 10:55 Fylde coast bank staff in charity drive
- 10:55 Thousands call for use of metal detectors at Liverpool clubs after...
- 10:55 ‘Anxious’ Theresa May begged Jean-Claude Juncker for help at Brexit...
- 10:54 Police receive reports from residents 'terrorised' by hissing...
- 10:53 Thirteen more storms set to hit Britain this winter
- 10:53 North East Chemists chain sold to Milton Keynes firm