Australia's Tabcorp, Tatts in talks to create $7 billion gaming giant
Australia's Tatts Group Limited and Tabcorp Holdings Ltd on Tuesday said they are in talks to create a A$9.34 billion ($7.1 billion) betting industry giant, hoping to join forces to fend off popular online rivals.
An investment banker involved in the talks, who declined to be named as he was not authorized to speak publicly, said a transaction could be announced within the next two days.
In almost identical statements, the companies requested trading halts until market open on Wednesday, pending "a potential change of control transaction". They declined to comment further.... read more
- 09:01 Star Interview: Barnsley broadcaster Jenni Murray sees history...
- 09:01 EastEnders' Ian Beale is LEAVING the soap 'for good' after over...
- 09:01 Wind speed of 77mph recorded in Sheffield as Storm Ophelia batters...
- 09:01 Carer jailed for raping disabled woman after dressing her in...
- 08:57 Do US dogs have better access to radiotherapy than Nigerian people?
- 08:57 Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho wants bumper pay rise to extend Old...
- 08:57 Transfer news LIVE updates: Man Utd pay demand, Chelsea eye...
- 08:56 BBC to shelve Crimewatch after 33 years
- 08:56 UK seaside down gripped by freak tornado looming overhead as Storm...
- 08:56 Is Hurricane Ophelia coming to London?
- 08:55 Power cuts in Preston and Chorley after Storm Ophelia
- 08:55 Asos profits surge as overseas sales boosted by weak pound
- 08:54 Breast cancer warning from man stunned by 'impossible' diagnosis
- 08:54 Concern over norovirus increase by Betsi Cadwaladr health board
- 08:54 Inpatient mental health care for new mothers 'unacceptable'
- 08:54 Police urge drivers to avoid the A52 near Nottingham Knight Island...
- 08:52 Delays on A52 near Derby after car smash
- 08:52 Marc Almond swore at people talking at Ipswich concert
- 08:52 ITV hit drama Liar sees fans FLOCK to Tollesbury Saltings marina in...
- 08:51 Crash causes major delays on M62 between Leeds and Wakefield
- 08:51 NFL: Titans beat Colts for the first time since 2011
- 08:50 Morgan's latest car being made in Coventry
- 08:50 400,000 Mercedes cars urgently recalled over airbag fault risk
- 08:50 Steve Froggatt: Where ex-Wolves and Aston Villa man expects his...
- 08:50 Poignant concert to mark coach tragedy which claimed nine lives in...
- 08:48 Crash causes major delays on M62 between Leeds and Wakefield
- 08:47 Antonio Conte tore into Chelsea stars ahead of Roma clash
- 08:46 Villagers volunteer to preserve community’s heritage
- 08:46 Tom Petty laid to rest as daughter says: ‘The dark of the sun we...
- 08:45 Where is Hurricane Ophelia now? Path of the storm over coming days