Australia insurance firm offers gender-neutral option on forms
An insurance company has become the first in Australia to formally recognise customers who do not identify as male or female.
HIF, a health-insurance fund based in Perth, will allow its customers to list their gender as "other" on forms.
The not-for-profit fund will also offer the honorific "Mx" on its forms as well as traditional titles.
Australian citizens can legally identify their gender on their passports as M, F or X.
This year's national census was also the first to offer a third gender category.
Grame Gibson, HIF managing director, said the decision to change the... read more
- 08:26 Scottish Land & Estates boosts senior management team
- 08:26 Jeremy Corbyn rules out deal with SNP in hung Parliament
- 08:24 Transfer News LIVE updates: Man Utd push; Chelsea, Arsenal,...
- 08:24 Shares in BA-owner IAG fall 4 percent after weekend chaos
- 08:23 Kim Jong Nam accused moved to higher court: Facing death penalty if...
- 08:22 Tiger Woods arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence
- 08:22 When are the 2017 General Election debates on TV? All you need to know
- 08:22 Female zookeeper killed in tiger attack at Hamerton Zoo
- 08:22 Labour's free childcare pledge to help 'more than a million families'
- 08:22 Ariana Grande's mum pays tribute to Manchester terror attack victims
- 08:22 Manchester United Antoine Griezmann transfer discussed by Saul Niguez
- 08:21 Eamonn Holmes GRILLS David Davis over Brexit negotiations on GMB:...
- 08:20 Poldark’s Aidan Turner used to be an amateur dancer but ‘can’t...
- 08:20 Beyonce hasn’t had her twins yet and fans are getting impatient
- 08:20 House party thugs locked up after Fleetwood assault
- 08:18 Australia to cancel the passports of convicted paedophiles
- 08:18 School life: Calderdale College student to premiere his own production
- 08:16 Jab to stop damage after a heart attack: Protein in the injection...
- 08:16 Cancer drugs that could help end women's monthly agony: Discovery...
- 08:16 Almost 900,000 Britons are too fat to work: Number is five times...
- 08:16 Tiny telescope inserted into your eye that 10 TIMES stronger than...
- 08:16 an arrested after explosion in Malvern
- 08:16 Arsene Wenger will quit Arsenal this week, fears legend Ian Wright
- 08:15 House party thugs locked up after Fleetwood assault
- 08:15 Staff at Co-op in Barwell High Street tied up during armed robbery...
- 08:14 Nostalgia - Lottery tickets sold from town kiosk
- 08:14 Scunthorpe man pleads guilty to assault
- 08:14 Scunthorpe teenager homes in on bright future after setting up new...
- 08:14 Charity runner eyes challenge of the Sahara
- 08:14 Eleven new careers you can start right now in Notts