Australia government cyber attack came from foreign intelligence service: report
A malware attack against Australia's Bureau of Meteorology which might have spread into other government networks originated from a foreign intelligence service, an official report by the country's cyber defense agency said on Wednesday.
The Australian Cyber Security Centre's (ACSC) first public report did not say which foreign power authorized the December 2015 attack but it will add credibility to warnings from independent cyber security experts who have blamed countries like China and Russia for malicious online attacks.
When the national government revealed the attack took place last... read more
- 00:20 Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew hopes luck holds after saving job...
- 00:20 Darren Fletcher praises West Brom for attacking style after Watford...
- 00:20 Mark Hughes addresses fears over Marc Muniesa leaving Stoke after...
- 00:18 Mario Balotelli cures injury boredom by showing off football skills...
- 00:17 May seeks 'new chapter' in Gulf relations ahead of Bahrain visit
- 00:17 Chris Gardner: The homeless man who became a multi-millionaire...
- 00:11 Number of UK agency workers 'to reach one million' by 2020
- 00:11 'Act now' on Christmas debt worries
- 00:11 Low Pay Harms Care Standards
- 00:11 'Dangerous wait' with fire-risk dryers
- 00:09 Supreme Court to hear government appeal over Brexit powers
- 00:08 Impressive life of feminist pioneer
- 00:08 How and why Corbyn won out
- 00:08 Inside the new world turned upside down
- 00:08 55 clubs in frame for abuse as Chelsea apologise
- 00:09 Who's Who 2017: Eight people from Leicestershire among new entries
- 00:08 Hillier urges HMRC to probe Mourinho for tax-dodging
- 00:08 Rugby Union: England trounce visiting Aussies
- 00:08 Reshaping our economy is our only way forward
- 00:08 It’s decision time for Labour’s warring tribes
- 00:08 Fighting the flames in Palestine together
- 00:08 Countering the goons of fascism
- 00:08 Syria: Army heads deep into east Aleppo but rebels fight on
- 00:08 Venezuela: Maduro slams bloc’s ‘political aggression’
- 00:08 ‘Fidel, Fidel: ever onward to victory’
- 00:08 Corbyn urges European left to unite against right
- 00:08 EU ‘cannot and will not offer Scots a fair future’ – Sillars
- 00:08 Agency staff ‘need greater protection’
- 00:06 New Zealand Prime Minister John Key resigns
- 00:05 Scottish Government ‘should set a date to scrap petrol cars’