Austin Reed brand set for high street return
Menswear retailer Austin Reed is set to make a return to the high street with 50 new stores, months after it collapsed with the loss of 1,000 jobs.
Edinburgh Woollen Mill Group announced the move as part of a £100m three-year revival plan for the brand.
The Langholm-based group bought the 116-year-old chain's brand from administrators in May.
The first of the new stores are due to open towards the end of next year, including a flagship outlet in London.
Administrators of Austin Reed were forced to shut 120 stores in the summer after they failed to find a buyer for the entire business.
The... read more
- 09:52 Family carol srvice at Tathwell Church
- 09:51 Chelsea ace Nathaniel Chalobah: John Terry always tells me this
- 09:51 Why Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has been superior to Pep Guardiola
- 09:48 Sexpert reveals only sex tip you will ever need
- 09:47 Biker caught speeding 25mph over the limit on Hedon Road, Hull
- 09:47 The Premier League players who are just one booking away from a...
- 09:46 Berwick store to welcome Santa
- 09:44 Laura's creation becomes MP's Christmas card
- 09:43 Messages of support continue to flood in after heartbreaking news...
- 09:41 Justice secretary praises our killer drivers campaign
- 09:41 Man has part of ear bitten off in nightclub assault
- 09:41 Chinese view £800m Fylde coast power plant project
- 09:40 Police appeal to find missing teenager
- 09:40 Fairfax unit sells more shares in Bank of Ireland
- 09:40 Speeding up links to new health site
- 09:40 Latest transfer news: Arsenal, Chelsea Manchester United and City...
- 09:39 Verdict expected in hate speech trial of Dutch politician Wilders
- 09:38 Justice secretary praises our killer drivers campaign
- 09:38 Anti-cyberbullying sensation heads to Burnley
- 09:38 Man has part of ear bitten off in nightclub assault
- 09:38 Tony Pulis names Chelsea stars Diego Costa, Pedro and Eden Hazard...
- 09:37 Northampton fireplace showroom plans to add 130-seat Italian...
- 09:37 Police appeal to find missing teenager
- 09:36 'Please come home, the whole family is missing you': Wife's...
- 09:36 Freeman Street trader had secret stash of 19,000 fake cigarettes...
- 09:35 An invigorating look at dementia
- 09:35 Investigation launched into death of woman in police custody
- 09:35 Drink-driver before the courts again
- 09:34 ‘Justice has been served’ - Louth stabbing victim speaks out after...
- 09:34 Medical director Suneil Kapadia to leave trust which runs Grantham...