Attacker 'repeatedly stamped on my head' says Derby mugging victim
A Derby city centre mugging victim said his attacker repeatedly stamped on his head.
Matthew Bilson said he "thought he was going to die" in the incident, which said "looked like a bloodbath" when it was over.
The 34-year-old suffered 17 stitches to his head after he was allegedly robbed of his mobile phone in London Road, close to the Florence Nightingale statue.
Now he has come forward to speak about the ordeal to highlight "how dangerous Derby seems to be".
Mr Bilson, of Mount Street, Derby, said: "Blood was squirting out of me, it looked like a... read more
- 19:07 Nene Valley Railway prepares for Santa Specials
- 19:06 Tributes paid to former mayor
- 19:04 Man charged with murder after body is found in Derbyshire
- 19:04 Britain's banks to reveal solid third quarter results, warn of...
- 19:02 Watch: Motorist REFUSES to stop tailgating ambulance through jam
- 19:02 Liverpool Irish Centre future to be confirmed within two months
- 19:02 ECHO readers moved to tears by plight of Mersey midwife who wrote...
- 19:02 Incredible photos show the sheer scale of the Seaforth docks fire
- 19:01 What did Mourinho say to Conte after the Manchester United defeat...
- 19:01 De Bruyne is Manchester derby doubt after limping out of Man City draw
- 19:01 Manchester United fans react on Twitter to 'shambolic' Chelsea defeat
- 18:59 Man charged with murder after body is found in Derbyshire
- 18:59 Sci-Con at The Collection trains young Jedi in Light Sabre Training...
- 18:59 Bikers ride through town in tribute to tragic Josh
- 18:57 Derbyshire firefighters rescue cat stuck in tree
- 18:56 Paul Pogba and Ander Herrera were ’embarrassing’ as Chelsea beat...
- 18:56 Watch French commentator go bonkers at Celtic striker Moussa...
- 18:55 Teenager to scale mountain to thank Flintshire animal charity for...
- 18:53 Emergency measures to deal with more floods in Cumbria
- 18:53 Drug dealer spared jail to "mend his ways"
- 18:52 Cruel Justin Bieber hoaxer targets Birmingham Children's Hospital
- 18:51 Antonio Conte slams Chelsea fans after 4-0 thrashing of...
- 18:51 Jose Mourinho confirms Eric Bailly suffered ‘bad’ knee ligament...
- 18:50 Chelsea 4 Manchester United 0: The match in a minute
- 18:50 All day banjo festival makes Armitage Bridge hum!
- 18:49 Antonio Conte: My reaction to Chelsea's big win, David Luiz's...
- 18:49 Juan Mata: Defeat to Chelsea hurt the Man United dressing room
- 18:49 Jose Mourinho fears the worse for Man United star Eric Bailly: He...
- 18:49 Detailed Chelsea Player Ratings: Hazard produces a masterclass as...
- 18:48 Who bludgeoned to death the young lovers who were found entwined in...