Attacker called victim a 'doyle' as he swung machete at him in Stockton
Machete-wielding Jason Hackett was told it was “very good luck” he did not inflict more injury on his victim.
The 23-year-old suddenly brought out the fearsome weapon and struck the innocent victim at a Stockton flat, calling him a “doyle”.
Hitting the victim’s right hand, the attacker told him: “I’m going to hurt you.”
“The complainant ran but the defendant pursued him with the machete,” prosecutor Paul Newcombe told Teesside Crown Court.
“During this pursuit the defendant called the complainant a doyle, which is a local insult.
“He was swinging the machete as he did so.
“He eventually... read more
- 01:02 Drunk friends can’t recall what started brawl in Mansfield town centre
- 01:02 Worksop assault woman’s dog bit female cop
- 01:02 REVEALED: The 25 foods which make us happy
- 00:55 Hawkshead Brewery founders take top accolade at Cumbria Life Food...
- 00:51 Rosa Parks house: Dispute threatens bitter end to homecoming
- 00:51 Former Rangers star Bilel Mohsni admits punch-up wrecked his career...
- 00:51 Australia fight back on day one of third Test against South Africa...
- 00:51 Who is John Bolton, Trump's new national security adviser?
- 00:37 80 years of The Beano marked at “The McMenace” in Dundee
- 00:34 Sudoku 4015 hard
- 00:33 Tottenham target Ryan Sessegnon must not have development rushed,...
- 00:28 Plastic patch in Pacific Ocean growing rapidly, study shows
- 00:26 Gareth Southgate reveals ‘disgusting’ racial abuse of young players
- 00:26 New Zealand v England: first Test, day two – live!
- 00:25 Tony Benn defends Galloway to party
- 00:22 Baselworld: Swiss watchmakers smarten up their act
- 00:22 Virtual reality as sharp as the human eye can see?
- 00:22 Grant of £31,000 set to boost young artists
- 00:22 Israel warns Iran over nuclear ambitions
- 00:22 What do we know about Austin bomber Mark Anthony Conditt?
- 00:20 Rise in cancers 'caused by weight'
- 00:20 Rangers eyeing summer move for Louis Moult after his Preston struggles
- 00:20 New Zealand vs England, first Test LIVE scorecard, day 2: Get the...
- 00:20 Usain Bolt trains with Borussia Dortmund as sprint king continues...
- 00:18 New MS drug could slow symptoms of 'untreatable' form of disease
- 00:18 Donald Trump ‘tried to pay Playboy model after he cheated on...
- 00:15 Tottenham urged to sign PSG star in order to win Premier League title
- 00:15 Gareth Southgate and Aidy Boothroyd agree to protect Fulham ace...
- 00:14 Tyler Perry reveals what it was like to nearly lose $20,000 to...
- 00:13 Financial ombudsman to review complaints