ATM inventor among four Scottish Engineering Hall of Fame additions
The man who invented the automated cash machine is one of four engineers to be added to the Scottish Engineering Hall of Fame.
James Goodfellow is being given the accolade along with telephone inventor Alexander Graham Bell, lighthouse designer Robert Stevenson and structural engineer Sir Duncan Michael.
The hall of fame was launched in 2011 by The Institution of Engineers and Shipbuilders in Scotland.
It now has 27 members.
Gordon Masterton, chairman of judges for the hall of fame, said: "We are delighted to welcome more recent engineers like Duncan and James into this pantheon of... read more
- 18:55 Third of travellers admit THIS is their dream hotel...and the...
- 18:55 Manchester attack hero's estranged mum urges him to call
- 18:54 Antiques Roadshow’s return to Borders now just over a month away
- 18:54 Is Nicolas Otamendi now the odd man out in the Man City defence?
- 18:54 Manchester United line up vs Ajax includes Juan Mata and Chris...
- 18:54 See pictures of Peaky Blinders filming in Dudley - with Shelby...
- 18:51 Birmingham Airport reintroducing free drop-off parking
- 18:51 Ribchester romp steals the show on Newbury’s Lockinge Day
- 18:50 Lincolnshire scientist loses 3 fingers as bomb explodes in his hand
- 18:49 Damir Skomina will not be thinking about Jose Mourinho’s criticism,...
- 18:49 Coronation Street to pay tribute to Manchester terror attack victims
- 18:49 Kim Kardashian celebrates third anniversary with Kanye West after...
- 18:46 Minute’s silence to be held for Manchester attack victims on...
- 18:45 Man Utd confirmed XI vs Ajax: Martial and Carrick benched; Fellaini...
- 18:44 U.S. home sales fall as tight supply boosts prices
- 18:44 Irish PM demands review of watchdog over flawed Anglo Irish case
- 18:43 Reports of strange 'mist' descending on Merseyside - updates
- 18:40 Plan for Bomber Command visitor centre one step closer after huge...
- 18:39 Hunt on for terrorist network suspected of Manchester attack
- 18:39 Council warning after huge mound of household waste dumped in stream
- 18:38 Manchester United v Ajax: Jose Mourinho makes 10 changes for Europa...
- 18:38 Manchester United v Ajax: Zlatan Ibrahimovic arrives ahead of...
- 18:37 Brother of Manchester bomber ‘was planning his own terrorist attack’
- 18:37 Dates and details of UK terror attacks since the 7/7 bombings
- 18:37 Anglian Water defends decision to dig up Louth beauty spot
- 18:36 Thousands protest against Temer, reforms in Brasilia
- 18:36 Minute’s silence to be held for Manchester attack victims on...
- 18:36 Mayor of Grantham gives town events group a cash boost
- 18:35 Games Inbox: Nintendo Switch ports, Hitman, and Mario +...
- 18:35 St Mary's Church in Dunstall to host fund-raising coffee morning...