At least 82 grieving mourners killed when air strike hits Yemeni funeral hall
At least 82 mourners were killed in a Saudi air strike that hit a packed funeral hall in Sanaa, the capital of Yemen.
The attack turned the site into a ‘lake of blood’, according to one distraught rescuer.
A further 534 people were left wounded in the strike, Nasser al-Argaly, the Health Ministry’s undersecretary, told a press conference – but these figures are not final.
In the aftermath of the air strike, hundreds of body parts were seen strewn in and around the hall.
Rescuers, faced with an overwhelming number of bodies and unable to give the victims a more dignified end, collected them... read more
- 11:51 Jobs to go at Poundworld head office in Normanton
- 11:50 Italian minister's call for Roma 'register' sparks coalition rift
- 11:51 Shock as top Grimsby DJ Mike Giddy dies at just 42
- 11:50 Water tower transformed into luxury home is selling for £1.5 million
- 11:48 Birmingham German Market 2018 dates have been revealed
- 11:48 Not a football fan? Here is how best to AVOID the tournament...
- 11:48 Dare to dream: Eleven things that would definitely happen if...
- 11:47 Live as police search house in west Hull
- 11:46 CCTV APPEAL: Fake £50 note warning for residents in Garstang
- 11:45 CCTV APPEAL: Fake £50 warning for residents in Garstang
- 11:45 Letters - June 19, 2018
- 11:44 Young people urged to stay in the Lake District
- 11:43 University open days: everything you always wanted to know about X
- 11:42 Driver left with serious injuries after collision with lorries on...
- 11:42 Pair of candlesticks stolen from a church in Stanford-on-Avon
- 11:41 Four in five of us have ‘no clue’ when it comes to taking vitamins
- 11:41 H&M is launching a snazzy lingerie collaboration
- 11:39 Row as Mansfield District council pays thousands to property...
- 11:39 Nigel Slater’s courgettes and tagliatelle recipe
- 11:39 Microbead ban: Here are some natural alternatives
- 11:39 Supermarket chain plans to demolish neighbouring Whitefied shop to...
- 11:39 Fire breaks out above Ulverston town centre business
- 11:38 Watch: Ripon's Got Talent acts find out they're through to the final
- 11:38 New fire and ambulance station helping to save lives in Sleaford
- 11:38 Body of man found dead in river is identified and named after...
- 11:38 Jobs to go at Poundworld head office in Normanton
- 11:38 Buxton woman transformed into singing sensation Sia for Stars in...
- 11:37 Cambridge students finish the year stumbling home after...
- 11:37 Manager’s delight at pub’s new look
- 11:37 Anti-stalking: Cheshire Police and Suzy Lamplugh Trust launch unit