At least 30 killed as two buses collide in Pakistan
At least 30 people were killed in Pakistan when two buses collided in southern Punjab province, police said on Monday.
Images from the crash site showed a bus on its side with its windows shattered, and another bus with its roof partly caved in.
Officials said the buses collided at about 6 a.m. (0100 GMT) near Rahim Yar Khan, a Punjab city about 600km (373 miles) south of provincial capital Lahore.
"Death toll has climbed to 30," Hassan Iqbal, police inspector of Rahim Yar Khan, told Reuters.
Rescuers earlier said more than 30 people were injured in the crash.
Fatal road accidents... read more
- 15:22 Real Madrid still keen on Eden Hazard: Chelsea man wanted along...
- 15:22 Nigel Benn, 53, announces sensational boxing comeback as he SMASHES...
- 15:21 Coventry PR firm Advent Communications appoints new director
- 15:21 Police investigate damage at car showroom in York
- 15:20 29% of graduates take 'non-professional' jobs, figures show
- 15:20 A month of extremes but town rallies
- 15:19 Fake penis woman Gayle Newland guilty again following retrial
- 15:17 Rome to turn OFF traditional water fountains as Italy prepares for...
- 15:17 BREAKING: One killed after shooting at bar - police warn of active...
- 15:16 Tesco, Sainsbury's and the Co-op appeal tax on cash machines that...
- 15:15 Andy Murray uncovered: Why the Wimbledon champion NEVER chokes in...
- 15:15 Robert Pires tells Arsene Wenger: Sign Sanchez and Ozil… and buy...
- 15:15 Women's tennis matches being limited to three sets is 'outdated and...
- 15:15 29% of graduates take 'non-professional' jobs, figures show
- 15:15 MP backs fight to preserve greenfield site
- 15:14 Cyclist raises more than £1,100 for Corby hospice in memory of his dad
- 15:14 How Gayle Newland spent years tricking women into online relationships
- 15:14 Leeds United and cycle gear frim to raise funds for flood hit...
- 15:14 Do you know how to protect your child on the internet?
- 15:14 Concerns raised over travellers moving into Derbyshire
- 15:13 Health fears over concrete plant at Gonerby Moor
- 15:13 Grantham Hospital: Funding found for permanent discharge lounge
- 15:13 Falling oil prices push petrol prices down
- 15:12 Shooting, rape charge and killer Emma strikes: 10 Emmerdale...
- 15:12 Boy, 11, killed in horror rail depot electrocution named
- 15:12 Plans to downgrade stroke services at Nuneaton's hospital revealed
- 15:12 Tributes paid to father-of-three killed in crane accident on...
- 15:12 Pictured: Sparkhill Imam facing extradition on terror charges had...
- 15:12 Another Harry Potter film marathon weekend is planned for Birmingham
- 15:12 Hate crime on trains will not be tolerated