At least 15 killed in air strike on market in rebel-held Aleppo
An air strike hit the biggest market on the rebel-held side of Syria’s Aleppo yesterday, killing at least 15 people.
The strike came as rescuers were still sifting through the rubble from air raids that killed dozens the day before.
Activists said the early afternoon strike destroyed several shops in the besieged eastern part of the city, which has been the target of a massive Russian-backed Syrian offensive since the collapse of a ceasefire last month.
The latest strikes have shattered a relative lull that has held for three days in the area, where hospitals, underground shelters and... read more
- 10:34 Lib Dems fined £20,000 by watchdog over undeclared payments
- 10:34 WEIRD WINTER WEATHER: Temperatures to top balmy 12C
- 10:34 Drug-user told how she stole goods because she left purse at home
- 10:34 Pensioner admits kidnap and sexual assault of young girl in village...
- 10:33 Boy, 11, dies three years after accidentally hanging himself
- 10:32 Bayern Munich send ominous message to Arsenal on Twitter ahead of...
- 10:32 Jose Mourinho leaves SIX Manchester United first team stars at home...
- 10:31 Georgian townhouses to undergo £2m revamp
- 10:31 Flu risk leads to order to keep all poultry indoors
- 10:30 Britain fines Pfizer record $107 million for huge drug price hike
- 10:30 'Keep your birds indoors!' Birdflu outbreak warning issued for...
- 10:30 The Premier League's deadliest ever penalty takers - ranked by...
- 10:29 Letters - December 12, 2016
- 10:28 Santa to fly in to local hospice
- 10:27 CSKA Moscow star Alan Dzagoev looks to heap misery on Tottenham at...
- 10:27 DEBATE: Should the drink-drive limit be reduced in England?
- 10:27 Palmer concerned by Nailers’ Sunday switch
- 10:27 Manchester City’s Patrick Roberts reveals Pep Guardiola’s words...
- 10:26 New fund attracts £40m in just four days
- 10:26 Could your old mobile pay for Christmas? Classic Motorola and Nokia...
- 10:26 Death crash inquest opened
- 10:25 Tata steel and unions to meet over deal to save thousands of jobs
- 10:25 Keepers of poultry warned to keep birds inside to protect from bird...
- 10:25 New police powers will tackle Lancaster city centre crime
- 10:24 Young footballer scores goal – then drops dead on the pitch from a...
- 10:24 Everton vs Arsenal - win tickets to the Premier League match,...
- 10:23 CCTV still released after card stolen in Buxton burglary is used
- 10:23 Kenilworth D-Day veteran ‘overcome’ with emotion after receiving...
- 10:22 Lincolnshire Devolution: What now for the remaining eight?
- 10:21 EU fines Credit Agricole, HSBC, JPMorgan for Euribor fixing