Aston Villa will part company with Steve Clarke
Aston Villa assistant manager will leave the club after the appointment of new manager Steve Bruce.
The former West Brom and Reading boss had hoped to persuade the Villa hierarchy that he was the man to replace Roberto Di Matteo.
Now it seems Steve Bruce will look to reshuffle the backroom staff and Clarke will have no part to play.
Rumours are circling about who his backroom team might consist of.
Two of his previous allies, Eric Black and Mike Phelan, seem to be off limits, so Bruce may have to look elsewhere.
Aston Villa next manager LIVE: Steve Bruce now as short as 1/6; Dr Tony Xia... read more
- 06:32 Twisted hoax caller who claimed he had 15-year-old girl's body in...
- 06:32 Storm mayhem turns 90 minute ferry trip into 24 hour ordeal for...
- 06:32 Simon Thomas says heartbreaking farewell to wife who died from...
- 06:29 Man City news and transfer rumours LIVE Pep Guardiola updates and...
- 06:29 Man City sent a Tottenham a warning ahead of Premier League clash
- 06:29 One Manchester United player may change Jose Mourinho's transfer plans
- 06:28 Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho has a lot of enemies, Man City incident...
- 06:28 A-levels 2017: One in four expected to achieve top A-level grades
- 06:26 Spy in the camp: It's promotion or bust for Aston Villa boss Steve...
- 06:26 Kids battling cancer will be given superhero radiotherapy masks
- 06:24 Effort is needed on challenge to defeat loneliness
- 06:22 Brexit cafe to heal referendum wounds
- 06:20 Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is among the best on the planet -...
- 06:20 ‘We’ve beaten cancer – now for the marathon’
- 06:19 Transport cash funding targeted by MPs upset over region’s share
- 06:19 Manchester City’s plan for global domination
- 06:19 Sunderland mum qualifies as city’s first female Asian driving...
- 06:19 Teacher banned for life from classroom after affair with...
- 06:19 Sunderland man caught dumping rubbish outside of neighbour's home
- 06:19 Almost 80 youths identified by police over trouble in town
- 06:19 Jim Duffy: How Tech Gods have taken over a low-tax Mount Olympus
- 06:19 John McLaren: Income tax changes have economic and political risks
- 06:19 David Bell: Tax re-jig brings modest returns but rich in symbolism
- 06:17 Effort is needed on challenge to defeat loneliness
- 06:17 High praise for Yorkshire fare in comprehensive new foodie poll
- 06:17 Liverpool news LIVE updates: Barcelona Coutinho rebellion, Pele...
- 06:17 Desborough woman stole £25,000 from man with dementia
- 06:16 Jail for Alvaston serial criminal who ransacked couple's Chaddesden...
- 06:16 Toyota to mark 25 years of manufacturing at Burnaston today
- 06:16 NHS Lothian clash with Scottish Government over hospital care