Aston Villa: Why Steve Clarke is the best candidate - Danny Murphy
There may not be a better man for the Aston Villa job than Steve Clarke.
That's the view of footballer turned pundit, Danny Murphy.
The former Liverpool star claims that the club will have to do really well to find a manager who has better credentials than the former West Brom boss.
Read More Aston Villa digest: Roberto Di Matteo player reactions; Manager update; Klopp on Wagner; Big Eck backs another
Murphy told talkSPORT: “I like him a lot. He would be a very solid choice, definitely.
"Steve Clarke was very well thought of at Liverpool – I spoke to the boys there and they really... read more
- 10:56 PICTURES: Redbrik Chesterfield Half Marathon 2017
- 10:56 Thirteen more storms set to hit Britain this winter
- 10:56 North East Chemists chain sold to Milton Keynes firm
- 10:55 Bank of America Merrill Lynch fined £35m by UK watchdog
- 10:55 Fylde coast bank staff in charity drive
- 10:55 Thousands call for use of metal detectors at Liverpool clubs after...
- 10:55 ‘Anxious’ Theresa May begged Jean-Claude Juncker for help at Brexit...
- 10:54 Police receive reports from residents 'terrorised' by hissing...
- 10:53 Thirteen more storms set to hit Britain this winter
- 10:53 North East Chemists chain sold to Milton Keynes firm
- 10:53 Neymar says his controversial red card for PSG was unfair
- 10:53 Typhoon Lan video: HUGE waves batter Japan as deadly storm leaves...
- 10:53 Private hospital operator Spire Healthcare rejects £1billion...
- 10:53 George Clooney desperate for ‘women to feel safe’ as he urges a...
- 10:53 Shane Richie teases that shock EastEnders affair that was planned...
- 10:52 Plan reflects Blackpool club’s changing fortunes
- 10:52 Fylde MP wants spring start for new link road
- 10:52 Thirteen more storms set to hit Britain this winter
- 10:52 Government health officials slam star Calvin Harris for claiming...
- 10:51 Khabib Nurmagomedov’s next fight seemingly revealed by Joe Rogan
- 10:51 Foreign visitors will now be charged to use the NHS
- 10:50 'Dreamflight gives everybody a chance to do something amazing'
- 10:50 'Holiday of a lifetime': Sick children overjoyed on Dreamflight...
- 10:50 Jobcentre staff strike over closure of Sheffield office
- 10:50 Woman charged with murdering boy aged 18 months who fell from...
- 10:50 Sheffield NHS bosses monitoring 'shambolic' private ambulance...
- 10:50 PICTURES: Redbrik Chesterfield Half Marathon 2017
- 10:50 Fire in Sheffield park was arson attack
- 10:48 Man has arm broken after being hit with metal pole in Morecambe
- 10:48 Antonio Conte to hand Charly Musonda a lifeline after...