Aston Villa trolled by Virgin Trains in Twitter war as train provider makes jibe after Roberto Di Matteo sacking
Following the news of Roberto Di Matteo's sacking as manager of Aston Villa, Virgin Trains sensed the opportunity to have a jibe at the expense of the Birmingham based club.
Little did they know however that Aston Villa would respond with the perfect comeback.
Taking to social media platform Twitter, Virgin Trains poked fun at the club by posting a picture of one of their empty train carriages, along with the caption: 'the next batch of potential #AVFC managers have just left for Birmingham New Street..'
Not taking too kindly to the train-line provider implying nobody would wish to take... read more
- 16:43 Seth Meyers: Trump's lawyers are joining the Titanic 'after it hit...
- 16:43 US obesity rate hits record high: Almost HALF of women are obese...
- 16:43 Why a journal is so good for you: Confronting your past failings on...
- 16:42 Town’s defensive frailties exposed in Tiverton defeat
- 16:41 Man suffers facial injuries following Whitehaven incident
- 16:40 Chance to rent former Second World War aircraft hangar
- 16:40 Knocked out but spurred on: Cumbrian teens determined to make a...
- 16:39 Blackpool Zoo launches its new elephant house
- 16:39 US sanctions Iranian hackers for 'stealing university data'
- 16:39 Manchester City's big stars ended Luke Coulson's dream after 10...
- 16:37 Ayla’s first school flamenco
- 16:37 Traditional Good Friday parade to take place in South Shields
- 16:36 Let’s move to Eastbourne, East Sussex: ‘Things may be changing’
- 16:36 First non-stop flight between UK and Australia set for take-off
- 16:36 'I will not resign': Councillor's vow following disabled insult row
- 16:35 Supermarket chain makes £1.9 million investment and creates 15 new...
- 16:34 Explained: Four major mistakes Alan Pardew has made to West Brom's...
- 16:34 Liverpool goalkeeper linked with Newcastle United move - but would...
- 16:33 Keep off our land, indigenous women tell Ecuador's president
- 16:33 Officers remove bench in Salisbury where Skripals fell ill
- 16:33 Police inspector who dumped wife’s body in lake convicted of murder
- 16:32 Twenty-five England fans arrested in Amsterdam before friendly
- 16:33 Police inspector murdered his detective wife after she rumbled his...
- 16:32 Sunderland, Birmingham City, Middlesbrough, Derby County - Burton...
- 16:32 In Pictures: ‘Power grab’ protesters encricle Scottish Parliament
- 16:32 PROJECT UPDATE: Chorley’s new Youth Zone
- 16:31 A pedlar who was selling goods door-to-door without a certificate...
- 16:29 Ex-fracking protester changed sides to join protesters
- 16:28 Arsenal legend David Seaman makes huge Jack Wilshere prediction
- 16:27 England football fans arrested in Amsterdam after violent clashes