Aston Villa: Steve Bruce could quickly become 'Bluenose Bruce' - Stan Collymore
If Steve Bruce is appointed Aston Villa manager, he must hit the ground running - that's the verdict of Stan Collymore.
The former Villa and England striker believes the former Blues boss will have his work cut out persuading some Villa fans he is the man for the job.
Collymore told BBC WM that the new boss has to be made of strong stuff.
He stated: "If Steve Bruce loses two or three games, he is going to be Bluenose Bruce.
Read More Aston Villa: Why Phil Neville turned down the chance to join the backroom team
"That's a reality and he is going to have to be thick-skinned."... read more
- 15:10 Amber Tamblyn and David Cross troll Hollywood with the most...
- 15:10 'They took my legs': Disabled man says losing his mobility car left...
- 15:10 Where do the most wheelie bin fires happen in Nottinghamshire?
- 15:09 Liverpool ace set to sign new bumper deal: Huge boost for Jurgen Klopp
- 15:09 Liverpool deal imminent, striker arrives at Manchester United,...
- 15:09 Rutherford name for cancer centre under construction in Northumberland
- 15:09 What EXACTLY did the Spice Girls mean when they sang...
- 15:09 WEATHER WARNING: Heavy snow forecast for parts of Northumberland
- 15:09 APPEAL: Murderers of Maltby pensioner, 80, are still at large
- 15:09 Mum spent 40 years searching for baby's grave - and found she was...
- 15:09 Massive new Carluccio’s restaurant in Solihull town centre...
- 15:09 West Brom's Gareth McAuley on owning a golf shop, collecting...
- 15:09 Calthorpe Estates expands senior team
- 15:09 How West Brom can turn an encouraging season into a brilliant one
- 15:09 Northumberland school buildings need £2k per pupil to bring them up...
- 15:08 Chance to boldly go with £4m Enterprise
- 15:08 Mum claims damages after horror cyst ordeal
- 15:08 Each area will have 'chapter' in local plan
- 15:08 Bye-bye Byron Street
- 15:08 Kitchen clink: Rogue trader jailed for fraud
- 15:07 Children brave chop to help young people with cancer
- 15:07 Storm Doris to bring 80mph winds and heavy rain
- 15:06 Digger Festival organisers and artists celebrate George Orwell
- 15:06 Nissan says Brexit-induced fall in pound left it slightly worse off
- 15:06 New BBC Scotland channel a “shift in the right direction”
- 15:06 India's Snapdeal to cut 600 staff, founders forego salary
- 15:06 VIDEO: Bumpy landings for planes at Yorkshire airport as Storm...
- 15:05 Ayrshire boxing legend Alec Mullen backs Irvine ace Ryan Collins to...
- 15:05 Crime scene investigation officers in West Cumbrian town centre
- 15:04 South Sudanese exiles fear kidnap after activists disappear in Kenya