Aston Villa: Steve Bruce calls for FA to use common sense after pitch invasion
Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce hopes the FA will use 'common sense' when deciding whether or not to take action after Villa fans invaded the Madejski Stadium pitch on Tuesday night.
A number of the 4,030 strong Villa faithful made their way onto the pitch after Jordan Ayew's 90th minute winning penalty.
The goal marked the end of a 437-day wait for an away win and Bruce believes that the football authorities show some common sense and understand the situation.
Read More Aston Villa: What reception Steve Bruce expects from Birmingham City return
“I sincerely hope not,” he replied, when... read more
- 00:13 We Won’t Let the Racists Divide Us
- 00:13 Ziggy Stardust drummer 'expects to see Bowie on stage' when playing...
- 00:13 Theatre reviews: An American In Paris and The Kid Stays In The Picture
- 00:13 Snow set to blanket parts of the North
- 00:13 Book reviews: Exit West, Birdcage Walk and more
- 00:13 10cc's Graham Gouldman: My six best albums
- 00:13 Sharpe novels author Bernard Cornwell: My six best books
- 00:10 Graham Rowntree relishing Lions Tour after England axe: It's...
- 00:07 Powder which sparked major operation in Moray was sent from a...
- 00:05 Japan: Abe ‘lied’ about bungs to fascist school, says head
- 00:05 Ukraine: Putin critic who fled to Kiev ‘killed by Moscow’
- 00:05 Afghanistan: Taliban fighters take key part of Helmand
- 00:05 44 Scotland Street: Waiting for Godot
- 00:05 Praise for public service heroes’ terror response
- 00:05 State-owned banks turn backs on public
- 00:05 Britain ‘in relegation zone’ for new mums
- 00:03 Campaigners call for Trump rival to rethink Highland course
- 00:03 Chief medical officer calls to improvements in cancer care
- 00:03 Police officer took charge of firearms incident ‘from home’
- 00:02 West Ham manager Slaven Bilic must stop his side's Premier League...
- 00:02 The 50 best young players in European football... Sportsmail...
- 00:01 Rugby league and swimming given £10m lottery grant
- 00:01 Devin Townsend Project
- 00:01 Hidden history revealed
- 00:01 Southgate accepts ‘fairytale’ loss at the hands of Germany
- 00:01 Fallen police officer to be honoured at Charlton
- 00:01 Hamilton: Ferrari are F1 ‘favourites’
- 00:01 The party of the crony capitalists
- 00:01 Osborne’s appointment is a crisis for democracy
- 00:01 Archaeopteryx takes to the skies