Aston Villa's Steve Bruce: This is why England lost out on the perfect candidate
Ian Holloway believes that new Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce should have been appointed by England after Sam Allardyce's departure.
Villa announced the former Hull City boss as the replacement for Roberto Di Matteo yesterday as they look to stop the rot at Villa Park.
But the Sky Sports pundit thinks that the 55-year-old should have been given a chance to manage the national team following Allardyce's exit after one game.
One-time Villa defender Gareth Southgate has been handed the job on an interim basis, starting with a win against Malta and a draw in Slovenia.
Read More Aston Villa's... read more
- 09:37 Leamington beggar charged with burglary from home in town centre
- 09:37 Motorway shut as police fear for man on bridge
- 09:36 Motorcyclist hurt in Leeds crash
- 09:36 Eden Hazard explains why he is NOT Chelsea captain material
- 09:35 Nurse helping patients prepare for a 'beautiful death' after her...
- 09:35 Motorcyclist in Chester crash in 'critical' condition as police...
- 09:35 Kenwick Park golf: Ace propels Jim up leaderboard
- 09:35 Hong Kong stocks have best day in 6 weeks amid French vote euphoria
- 09:34 Star man reveals he will be fit for Man United vs Man City
- 09:34 Red Arrows in spectacular flight over Humber Bridge
- 09:34 Real Madrid’s summer galactico transfer shortlist: This is who La...
- 09:34 Lionel Messi sends message to Barcelona fans after Real Madrid heroics
- 09:34 Arsenal ace urged to join Premier League rivals in summer deal: He...
- 09:33 Britain's best-paying companies revealed - the places you can earn...
- 09:32 UKIP accused of 'full-throttle' Islamophobia after policy launch
- 09:32 This VAT hike will cost you thousands - and here's why
- 09:32 Rumoured Pokémon Go event from Niantic to introduce SHINY characters
- 09:30 Batley man Ghulam Hussain admits trying to join ISIS in Syria using...
- 09:30 Emma Stewart: Disaster recovery needs planning and testing
- 09:29 VIDEO: Typhoons take off on NATO mission
- 09:27 E4’s Tattoo Fixers looking for ink disasters in Lincolnshire
- 09:25 Man Utd Expected XI: This 4-2-3-1 can beat Man City on Thursday
- 09:24 Police hunting man who fled scene of crash involving parked car
- 09:24 Strike affecting South Yorkshire trains called off
- 09:24 Detectives say Madeleine McCann could have been snatched by slave...
- 09:24 Elton John spends two days in intensive care with 'potentially...
- 09:23 Up to 3,000,000 UK children risk going hungry during school holidays
- 09:23 Fenwick is latest store to leave Leicester - but which shops do YOU...
- 09:23 Will it snow in Yorkshire today?
- 09:22 Chester vets invite BBC TV presenter to official opening