Aston Villa owner Tony Xia speaks out about decision to axe Roberto Di Matteo
Di Matteo was appointed following Villa's relegation from the Premier League but they have made a nightmare start to life back in the second tier.
Villa are 19th in the Championship table, having picked up just one win and Xia decided to axe Di Matteo after Saturday's 2-0 defeat at Preston.
Xia hinted that Di Matteo's appointment was a mistake and tweeted: "A difficult decision 4the board.
“But rather sooner than later we'd make the decision”
Tony Xia "But rather sooner than later we'd make the decision.
"All need learn¬ repeat mistakes again&again."
He added:... read more
- 08:09 Royal wedding afternoon tea event in the Ribble Valley
- 08:09 Liverpool Player Ratings: How good were Firmino, Henderson and co...
- 08:08 Mitsubishi striving to eclipse its rivals
- 08:08 Man seen exposing himself to passers by outside Carlisle car rental...
- 08:06 Costa Coffee to spin off from Whitbread
- 08:06 Inside Nintendo's secretive creative process
- 08:06 Man charged with attempted murder after stabbing outside flats in...
- 08:06 UK EuroMillions ticket-holder wins entire £121.3 million jackpot...
- 08:06 Mohamed Salah: Liverpool star on a par with Lionel Messi and...
- 08:04 RISE AND SHINE: All your latest morning news
- 08:03 Single Brit winner scoops £121million EuroMillions jackpot - are...
- 08:02 Extra police at Birmingham Airport today - here's why
- 08:02 RISE AND SHINE: All your latest morning news
- 08:02 Police hunt down suspected car thieves with dogs in Penwortham
- 08:01 Letters: Puzzled by 20% rise in cost of scratch cards
- 08:01 ALERT: Warning issued to Sheffield WhatsApp users over fraud scam
- 08:01 ALERT: Warning issued to Doncaster WhatsApp users over fraud scam
- 08:00 From a homeless hostel to vice-chancellor of Lincoln University
- 07:59 Supreme Court to hear NI woman's widow benefit case
- 07:55 Toronto van murderer may have killed 10 due to ‘hatred of women’
- 07:55 Golden State Warriors set up Playoff showdown with New Orleans...
- 07:54 Alfie Evans' parents to appeal against High Court's Rome travel ban...
- 07:52 Martin Bain opens up on Sunderland's relegation, Ellis Short and a...
- 07:51 TSB crisis: CEO says online banking is 'up and running', but some...
- 07:51 Meek Mill receives hero’s welcome as he rings the bell at...
- 07:50 Foreign Office climate staff cut by 25% under Boris Johnson
- 07:50 Cricket fans given chance to purchase land at Lord's for...
- 07:49 Ice cream parlour with 50 flavours to open in Northampton shopping...
- 07:48 Alfie Evans' parents to appeal against High Court's Rome travel ban...
- 07:48 RISE AND SHINE: All your latest morning news