Aston Villa owner Dr Tony Xia piles pressure on Steve Bruce from the off
Aston Villa owner Dr Tony Xia has made it crystal clear what he expects new manager Steve Bruce to achieve - promotion!
Bruce takes up the managerial reigns from Roberto Di Matteo who was sacked after a dismal start to the season which left the claret and blues 19th in the Championship.
The former Hull City boss is the only manager to have achieved more than two promotions to the Premier League and even has FOUR on his CV.
Minutes after Bruce was confirmed, Dr Xia was on Twitter to welcome the Geordie to the fold.
Let's get started! #UTV https://t.co/6w6gj28dYz
— Dr. Tony Xia (@Dr_TonyXia)... read more
- 05:53 The great London property squeeze
- 05:51 HMS Coventry: How and why was she sunk during the Falklands War 35...
- 05:51 Coventry Telegraph Business Awards 2017 launches - how to enter
- 05:51 Jaguar Land Rover is making more than £182,000 AN HOUR
- 05:51 Teen with 'bad record' for violence bit and head-butted prison...
- 05:51 Theresa May anti-hunt protester flees Wales because of 'death threats'
- 05:50 Manchester United star Henrikh Mkhitaryan set this record in Europa...
- 05:50 LATEST COURT RESULTS: Worksop and Retford
- 05:45 We were once likened to a 'banana republic', so why does Birmingham...
- 05:45 General Election 2017: The millionaire donors who have backed the...
- 05:45 Tide turning for Aston Martin on back of DB11 success
- 05:45 Digital sector 'will create 14,000 West Midlands jobs'
- 05:45 Assay Office could be stopped from using anchor mark abroad
- 05:44 Microsoft to buy cyber security firm Hexadite for $100 million: report
- 05:44 China's Lenovo fourth quarter profit falls 41 percent, beats estimates
- 05:43 Arsenal v Chelsea: Seven players could miss FA Cup final
- 05:43 Twitter blunder appears to confirm Arsenal transfer: Gunners fans...
- 05:40 India's Infosys touts plan to hire Americans in face of visa pressures
- 05:40 ChemChina raises $20 billion for Syngenta deal via perp bonds,...
- 05:40 China's Lenovo fourth quarter profit falls 41 percent, beats estimates
- 05:39 Ariana Grande “offers to pay for victims’ funerals” after...
- 05:39 Gary Lineker: My reaction to Man United's Europa League victory
- 05:38 Election campaign set to return today
- 05:35 Brazilian ride-hailing app 99 raises $100 million from SoftBank
- 05:35 Man Utd star Zlatan Ibrahimovic offers update on his future after...
- 05:32 Trump faces rougher reception in NATO, EU meetings
- 05:29 General Election 2017: The millionaire donors who have backed the...
- 05:29 We were once likened to a 'banana republic', so why does Birmingham...
- 05:26 South Korean soldier given suspended jail term for gay sex
- 05:26 Time to recognise our county's finest firms at the Lincolnshire...